Protective Custom Choice UL - Not available in CA

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
This 2017 CSO change is giving me gas!

So a client couple calls me a bit ago to buy some term for what is left of their mortgage. At age 70 the options are limited. I quote them on FEXQuotes and explain why Protective Custom Choice is a better long term option even if it is a few dollars more. Great, they agree and want to see what the 16th year face amount will be. WinFlex comes up an Illustration, However, says not available in CA. Per HO it was taken down on Monday. Thanks for the heads up!

How are all of these companies getting caught flat-footed on these changes?

It is a s**t show for sure. Yeah, I know it could be worse, but a little heads up would be nice.

Looks like I was able to move them to SIWL since I was quoting them a couple of tables anyway. But even that is an issue. I am putting her with UHL, However, it needs to be done tomorrow. and the new app and rates are not up until Saturday, they are pretty sure. SNL says they are good to go, we will see.

At least Assurity just gave us a three week heads up.

California has been a "drag" on a number of life companies getting their 2017 CSO products approved. I would not blame the life insurance companies for the CA regulators failure to function at the same level as the regulators in rest of the country.

California has been a "drag" on a number of life companies getting their 2017 CSO products approved. I would not blame the life insurance companies for the CA regulators failure to function at the same level as the regulators in rest of the country.

The companies are our vendors. I expect them to perform. This is not their first rodeo. I called two companies today to make sure the product I was proposing was available due to the 2017 CSO. The people I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I am getting more expertise from the HomeDepot light bulb department.

The companies are our vendors. I expect them to perform. This is not their first rodeo. I called two companies today to make sure the product I was proposing was available due to the 2017 CSO. The people I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I am getting more expertise from the HomeDepot light bulb department.

Some companies are even out sourcing their actuarial product development and pricing work, turning into glorified BGA's.

I am just trying to give you the benefit of my observations of the many changes I have been making to our database as companies roll out new 2017 CSO products. That fact is that it is VERY routine to have them tell me CA is not approved. NY is the other culprit. Hmmmm... Large Democrat controlled states that can't deal with homeless people problems can't keep up with insurance regulations.

Has no connection occurred to you yet?

I am just trying to give you the benefit of my observations of the many changes I have been making to our database as companies roll out new 2017 CSO products.

Hi Bob, I didn't mean to sound like I was arguing your points. I am just a little frustrated. I know Compulife has been very fast to make changes as they come.

Yeah, California DOI has always been a pain in the butt. I don't see that changing in my life time. However, the companies have been doing business in this state longer than I have been alive. They knew this change was coming.

No benefit to this observation: "Large Democrat controlled states that can't deal with homeless people problems can't keep up with insurance regulations."

And no connection between the two either. How about we stick to talking about insurance?

Still laughing.

Back