providers misleading clients re MAPD coverage

Kaiser has some pretty interesting articles discussing benefit improvements with MAPD. I.e. Anthem rolling out a grocery benefit in certain regions; talk of covering air conditioners for those with asthma or COPD, etc. I actually did a 3 way call recently with a client and Medicare and they actually RECOMMENDED he look into advantage plans!

grocery benefit !!! its called food stamps!!!

wow

PCBI...

So you think MAPD Plans will be less funded in the future, not funded at all, they will end, etc.?

MAPD Plans are increasing market share. Unless we get universal healthcare and completely revamp the healthcare market, I don't see MAPD Plans going away. They are getting more and more popular.

Just curios what you think will happen.

“Air conditioners for people with asthma, healthy groceries, rides to medical appointments and home-delivered meals may be among the new benefits added to Medicare Advantage coverage when new federal rules take effect next year.”

There definitely was an increase in funding for 2019. I think they’ll shift more and more of the cost to the insurance companies and away from Medicare directly to add longevity to the system.

First, Med Sup isnt govt funded like MAPD. Peeps selling MAPD will wake up after years gone by. If peeps are ao pro MAPD maybe Medicaid should be a product ins agents can atart selling too. Why not govt subsidized programs are not stable thats a reality. Next after we start selling Medicaid we can start selling food stamp programs too.

Slippery slopes w Govt subsidys =

Reality

You spell like an 8th grade girl texting.

There definitely was an increase in funding for 2019. I think they’ll shift more and more of the cost to the insurance companies and away from Medicare directly to add longevity to the system.

we dont know the future
we do know they stole from social security and set bak the age to 67

there is no money w 21 trillion in debt

hard times coming for govt funded “programs” at some point

mark this post

we dont know the future
we do know they stole from social security and set bak the age to 67

there is no money w 21 trillion in debt

hard times coming for govt funded “programs” at some point

mark this post

I think what you fail to see is that MAPD has a decent chunk of the market share, and a lot of voting and lobbying power.

Let's play your scenario out - if MAPD goes away (sky is falling...), Med Supp won't be the goose that lays the golden egg. The Med Supp carriers will be required to GI millions of people in.

Those who wait too long and pass their GI period, will need to go through underwriting. Yeah, that'll be fun, explaining to 90 yr old Grandma Renea that because she wasn't fast enough she lost her insurance and also can't buy new because of her COPD.

I bet that'll look really, really good for politicians.

MAPD carriers don't want MAPD to go away.... and Med Supp carriers surely don't want MAPD plans to go away either.

Solution: Sell them and build your book!

I think what you fail to see is that MAPD has a decent chunk of the market share, and a lot of voting and lobbying power.

Let's play your scenario out - if MAPD goes away (sky is falling...), Med Supp won't be the goose that lays the golden egg. The Med Supp carriers will be required to GI millions of people in.

Those who wait too long and pass their GI period, will need to go through underwriting. Yeah, that'll be fun, explaining to 90 yr old Grandma Renea that because she wasn't fast enough she lost her insurance and also can't buy new because of her COPD.

I bet that'll look really, really good for politicians.

MAPD carriers don't want MAPD to go away.... and Med Supp carriers surely don't want MAPD plans to go away either.

Solution: Sell them and build your book!

If the govt had endless funds to subsidize MAPD that would b true. Im not going to focus on MAPD bc reality is even Obama wanted to cut Medicare Asvantage reimbursement. Look at whats happening in the medicaid arena. Some doctors refuse it. Some doctors refuse Medicare now. The shoes keep falling slowly. MAPD is robbing Peter to pay Paul.

There is a crack in the boat. Yiu cannot keep patching it bf its too big and sinks imo.

Govt programs will b cut

Mark this post!

2021? 2025? Dunno, but when this country wises up and has a president actually balance a budget there will be some blood in the streets w reimbursement.

aka Obama Care first shoe dropped

Back