Quality of Hometown Quotes Lately

"So, HUGE thank you to Larry Gilmore & yes, he's getting some FREE leads for giving me a heads up!!"

I am? wow thanks. ;)

Gotta be careful Bob, people are going to think we're dating.

Actually, meant to return your call of thanks, but I have been busy in a good way.

While there still are a few clunkers or two, can't tell you how nice it is to dail that lead number and after I ask "did you submit a life quote request?" to hear "yes, I did." sweet.

And I'm still seeing "the old days" numbers... Retro in the good way.... cheers.

i was one of the first agents when they started up the newer life leads. i had the same experience as dsinsurance
crediting was a runaround... jamil told me it would be instantly done by him, then i am CC'd on an email with Dom and Jamil...2 weeks later i get credits
the quality of the leads...i do better at netquote for $12
i didnt expect that to be the case

From what I see, Bob seems to be a standup guy. I'm thinking about trying them out, but honestly, this thread is giving me some reservations. I don't care about leads being bad - it happens. As long as the crediting process is easy and honest, I can deal with that. But so far its not looking like its easy unless dealing with Bob.

Last edited:
yeah i've been thinking about using them as well..the company i use provides a guarantee of contact, not a guarantee of quality...although im not sure what the difference would be or if im getting a better deal through my current provider, i have been keeping a close eye on hometown quotes. i asked in this thread what the credit policy is for hometown quotes, can anybody elaborate on hometown's promises?

The big issue with any lead company is how they generate leads. Most affiliates produce crappy leads. But if you can get 90% of your leads from respected websites with good content...you might have a winner.

Ask any lead company for the name of the top 10 places where they generate leads.

Only one lead company ever gave me that information. And when I was buying leads, I bought a lot through them.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with or compensated by HTQ.

i was one of the first agents when they started up the newer life leads. i had the same experience as dsinsurance
crediting was a runaround... jamil told me it would be instantly done by him, then i am CC'd on an email with Dom and Jamil...2 weeks later i get credits
the quality of the leads...i do better at netquote for $12
i didnt expect that to be the case

Interesting: I thought I replied to this post by Aaron a long time ago...typically I write a post & then sit on it a few hours/days to make sure I don't say something I'd regret later...

Aaron, you did start with us January 16th & received 7 leads by Jan 25th at which time you paused your account. You requested & received credit for 3 of the leads. That sucks as that = 44.86% of your leads received....all three credits were given to you on Feb 5th.

I'm sorry if Jamel indicated he could credit leads as he can't. He can carry the ball over to QC & inquire where they are at in working your bogus leads. Typically we process requests for credit in less than 7 days. Just like we give our agents 7 days to request credit, we take several days to work them ourselves. We do in fact call/email leads before granting credit & that can take a few days to verify as you know from working leads yourself.

As I have posted on a different thread, we definitely had phone issues with a company called "IfByPhone" & it has made a huge difference since we switched over to another virtual PBX called: RingCentral. Phones ring off the hook now [nice problem to have] vs. we wondered where the calls were before. So, hopefully I won't see any more posts that we either didn't answer our phones or return calls. If it happens, it won't hopefully be due to hardware issues!

Aaron. You have to my knowledge never requested a refund of the monies you had on deposit at HometownQuotes. You still have $112 on your account & I'd love to either send you some quality leads or send your money back. Just let me know what you'd like me to do. Your account is still on Pause....

Back