Question About Appointment Setting

5-10 appointments an hour??? Really, come on. I think the overwhelming consensus is that 1-2 appointments per hour is really good and $5 per appointment is extremely low. I really don't have an interest in selling insurance. It's a psychological thing for me. If I know I'm not really selling an actual product, just trying to get a qualified appointment, I do much, much better.

If you're as good as u say, Id pay $10 per appt....and Im sure others on here would too. Let me know if u need work, Im in Cali...Id give u a try!

Thanks for the replies to my post everyone. I am meeting with someone at their home office on Tuesday and will know much more then, however, I was told that they advertise in various publications and the people I would be calling are people who have mailed something in requesting information. There was no mention of using a dialer. The way it has been explained to me is that they would refer how ever many agents to me that I felt I could handle appointments for and each agent would be giving me an initial $50 deposit and subsequent $5 per appointment. No mention of bonuses or anything else. I'm in Georgia so I think it is legal to offer compensation based on performance rather than hourly. The person I've been talking to mentioned giving me a script to work off of but that's about it.

All I can say is that when I worked setting appointments for a timeshare company, I was regularly their top performer. I've also recently set appointments for a window treatment company so I'm quite sure I can do this work without too much trouble. I, as most people, consider my compensation to be my biggest motivator. If I can really earn $15 to $20 per appointment plus bonuses for successful sales, I would be very happy.

I've got a Georgia license and I'd easily, EASILY, pay $10 per set appointment and $30 per close, and my close ratio is above 60%.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Your doing well if you get one good appointment every two hours for final expense.

That is NEVER going to happen.

You're not following what she's saying.

She's saying she's following up on lead cards, as I understand it.

If that's the case, she should be able, conservatively, to average 5 per hour. Her main obstacle will be having enough available responders to call on rather than being able to set appointments.

Last edited:
$10 to $12 per kept appointment.

Or a flat hourly rate.

Preferably set your own appointments -- unless you have niche-specific insurance experience, your appointment setter will burn leads.

I
You're not following what she's saying.

She's saying she's following up on lead cards, as I understand it.

If that's the case, she should be able, conservatively, to average 5 per hour. Her main obstacle will be having enough available responders to call on rather than being able to set appointments.

I think you're being a little optimistic on that one.

I'm new to this forum and am considering taking a job for a well known final expense insurance firm setting appointments for their agents. While I don't have experience in this particular field, I have extensive experience selling over the telephone, have a pleasing personality and voice. I'm a quick learner as well so I doubt I'll have any problems learning the ropes.

My concern is that this company pays $5 per appointment which I have come to find by doing a little research is on the very low side. I have read posts on this forum where people talk about paying $10 to $20 per appointment plus "spiffs" of $25 per successful sale. After talking to me several times this company is eager to get me on board. Should I just tell them flat out that I want more per appointment or can anyone with experience suggest a better approach? Thank you in advance.

You sound like a good candidate for FE tele-sales.

I think you're being a little optimistic on that one.

Maybe, but I don't think so.......think about it, she's going to be calling responders, not cold, and depending on her script and delivery and provided she's calling at the right times, etc., she should average 5.
You sound like a good candidate for FE tele-sales.

I've thought about that, but persistency concerns me on tele-sales. That and the pain (I would imagine) of trying to extract payment info, etc., its just hard for me to imagine that stuff staying on the books. I'll agree if she proves her mettle on the appt setting thing she'd be good for telesales.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I don't think so.......think about it, she's going to be calling responders, not cold, and depending on her script and delivery and provided she's calling at the right times, etc., she should average 5.

I've called on lead cards and I think on the first pass maybe, but overall 5/hour is unlikely at best.

Maybe you should work on your script.

Setting the appointment is the easy part, in fact its very, very easy if your script is good,..the hard part is the no-shows.

How good is your script if you're having a bunch of no-shows?

When you get a stack of cards you *might* get 5/hour right off the bat, but when you keep working them that set rate starts dropping. Anyone here setting their own appointments off lead cards is going to tell you the same thing.

jdeasy, you've probably worked as many lead cards as anyone else here and we both know you and I disagree about some things :) Do you think 5 appointments an hour is a conservative estimate?

When you get a stack of cards you *might* get 5/hour right off the bat, but when you keep working them that set rate starts dropping. Anyone here setting their own appointments off lead cards is going to tell you the same thing.

jdeasy, you've probably worked as many lead cards as anyone else here and we both know you and I disagree about some things :) Do you think 5 appointments an hour is a conservative estimate?

Don't ask him, he's too busy scratchin' his head over what its like to have a death claim with Foresters.

Never had a bunch of no-shows myself, but it is a built-in component.

I have zero no-shows myself..................I just show at the door, but thats outside current context.

I still say 5 is do-able.

Last edited:
Back