Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Screen Share

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
For those that are doing telesales, do you do a screen share the prospect or do you just speak with them on the phone without them actually seeing you or whatever you a talking about? Does one method or the other result in a better closing ratio?

For those that are doing telesales, do you do a screen share the prospect or do you just speak with them on the phone without them actually seeing you or whatever you a talking about? Does one method or the other result in a better closing ratio?
Might depend on whether the agent has a "radio" or a "T.V." face.

Depends on who you're talking to. And what you're selling. Referrals or someone I already know just the phone. A screen share depending on what I'm selling. If I want them to see a chart or picture as in a presentation then screen share.

Too many agents out there think that a screen share is necessary. It's not. If you can talk and sell in person then you can do it over the phone.

However, when I do decide to use a screen share, I know that if get them that far along in my process then their little asses pretty much belong to me.

You would know ... ass lips.
My 8th grade picture. Definitely a radio face. :yes:
46773.jpg

rouse, I don't know of any FE Telesales agent doing a screenshare presentation. The ones who I know to be successful use a scripted presentation and stick to their script. "Sticking to the script" does not preclude the agent from taking a deep dive into what JD calls the prospect's "why." From what I've gathered from speaking with and listening to a few telesales FE agents, the probing of the why and getting the prospect to state it in his or her own words is extremely important to getting to a solid close over the phone. So while the script is always designed to get to the why, the agent may ask additional, unscripted questions to help the prospect state the reason in his or her own words why he or she should get this protection for the sake of the family.

I am not an FE telesales agent. However, I have closed some very large fully underwritten whole life cases over the phone to folks around the country (I think I have clients in 16 or 17 states now). I don't do a screen share presentation, but the prospect does have an illustration that I have prepared and that I sent to him or her ahead of the closing phone appointment. The illustration, of course, is prepared to show the concept the prospect was interested in, e.g. if the prospect is interested in tax free income from age 65 to 90, I make sure that that is illustrated in the ... umm ... illustration. The closest I come to a visual in such cases is "Mr Prospect, if you turn to page 47 of the illustration you'll see that ..."

Maybe @Tahoe Ray would add his experience here as he is an actual telesales agent. I just play one on the internet.

I never screen share. Telephone only.

I may send illustrations ahead of time to reference a few things.

FWIW, screen share vs. video call are very different processes too. Some carriers require that I video so that I've "seen the client". That is normally a 5 minute perfunctory procedure. A screen share process is an entire presentation and one that I only do on a second appointment or later to close the sale. Those are normally complex as well, not FE. Any telesales FE agent is going to tell you that almost all of their sales are one call closes and they don't screenshare/video call.

Last edited:
I never screen share. Telephone only.

I may send illustrations ahead of time to reference a few things.

FWIW, screen share vs. video call are very different processes too. Some carriers require that I video so that I've "seen the client". That is normally a 5 minute perfunctory procedure. A screen share process is an entire presentation and one that I only do on a second appointment or later to close the sale. Those are normally complex as well, not FE. Any telesales FE agent is going to tell you that almost all of their sales are one call closes and they don't screenshare/video call.
I always assumed that companies like Colonial Penn did not use video/screen share and they must sell quite a bit.

Back