Quote Engine Vs. Quote Request Form

What is your opinion on having an integrated quote engine on your site vs. having a simple quote request form? Has anyone tracked conversion, customer preference, etc?

quote engine, WITH name and email capture. Make sure you give them something for free, but they give you something in return.

We've done in-depth qualitative research on this (for a national health/life/disability carrier, so I can't share the specifics) and found that there is a small percent of consumers that want to 'do-it-themselves' online and "don't trust agents because they're going to try to sell them something they don't need". However, we found that the majority of consumers still want to talk to an agent so they don't make a mistake and buy the wrong thing. They'll kick the tires online, but often go put in fake data just to see prices before calling the agent they trust the most.

We support agents either way, but I've found until you've got great traffic to your site, you're probably better off investing $$$ in building traffic than in a quote engine.

Aaron

I like using simple quote forms instead of quote engines. from the agent's perspective, it's more work involved (because the agent has to input the client's info before a premium can be generated). It may be less convenient for both the agent and the client, but it's much more personal. as long as the agent can contact the client with prices within 5-10 min, I like that way better.

as far as quote request forms (I assume you mean short forms where customers enter just their phone a/o email and comments), I don't get many responses at all from it. I get about 100 quote form submissions for every quote request form. I still have the short form on my site but it's pretty much useless compared to the quote forms.

I like using simple quote forms instead of quote engines. from the agent's perspective, it's more work involved (because the agent has to input the client's info before a premium can be generated). It may be less convenient for both the agent and the client, but it's much more personal. as long as the agent can contact the client with prices within 5-10 min, I like that way better.

as far as quote request forms (I assume you mean short forms where customers enter just their phone a/o email and comments), I don't get many responses at all from it. I get about 100 quote form submissions for every quote request form. I still have the short form on my site but it's pretty much useless compared to the quote forms.

What kind of close rate do you have on the quote forms?

aaron makes a good point. If someone doesn't want you to know their information, they're not going to share it with you. It will be fake to get the quotes. My vote is to include a quote engine and nail home the fact that you make it easy on them. Quick and painless.

hefe,
my site is just now approaching a year old, and I never had any significant organic traffic until about 4 months ago. I still only get a fraction of the traffic and quote forms that the big boys get here on this forum. so my data is not all that reliable.
I would guesstimate my closing ratio at about 4-5 to 1 for those who leave phone numbers, and about 12-15 to 1 for those who leave email addresses (I can't explain why phone leads tend to sell better, they just do in my experience).
I could probably do better if I were more aggressive. I try to contact leads within 5-20 min of getting the quote form but I do a piss poor job of making contact after that first initial call/email. I'm trying to improve on that but I don't like to chase after people. either they like my rates or they don't.

I'm trying to improve on that but I don't like to chase after people. either they like my rates or they don't.

I know how you feel, but your an insurance salesman, consider treating those leads like you just paid $15.00-25.00 for an exclusive lead, and I guarantee you won't this problem ever again.

Latest posts

Back