Quoting Tool for Seniors

MA is huge in Pa...esp in the lower income areas. Most inner city seniors cannot afford 200 for a med supp then 40-50 for part d. looking into MA in NJ and plan to hit it hard real soon.

MA is even bigger here in FL.

But I don't expect them to come out with a quote engine for MA plans.

You got to be very careful with internet leads and MA plans, watch ur back. Remember you cant email market for MA plans, and I we all know a good % of web leads for email spam depending on the vendor.....at least for health.

health connect tool was quoting a few MA/Med Supp carriers in Pa this year. BCBS MA/MOO MED SUPP/CIGNA MA. Not sure what they'll offer in 2011. been too busy to call.

To clarify about Norvax I am only talking about supps, I don't know why anyone trying to move their business model away from straight health like they are from the huge hit they're taking would want to go into another dying model!

I know MA is huge in some areas but the vast majority of agents leaving health will be selling supps not MA.

Norvax is also taking a HUGE hit on subscriptions right now, expect them to have a product out sooner rather than later for that reason.

To clarify about Norvax I am only talking about supps, I don't know why anyone trying to move their business model away from straight health like they are from the huge hit they're taking would want to go into another dying model!

I know MA is huge in some areas but the vast majority of agents leaving health will be selling supps not MA.

Norvax is also taking a HUGE hit on subscriptions right now, expect them to have a product out sooner rather than later for that reason.

I believe in certain areas MA has huge enrollment and is more understood or accepted. PA happens to be one of those states. Income level/budget also determines what seniors want to purchase. Healthy people do not want to spend 250 for med supp and drug coverage... not the seniors I deal with anyways.

I believe CoInsGuy was saying that most agent leaving health to sell Medicare will be trying to sell med supps not MA plans, and that has nothing to do with the value aspect of med supp vs ma .

Honestly, according to CMS Broward County FL, has a 47% MA plan penetration, and I don't doubt it.

Avg med supp here is $250-300, cheapest I believe is AARP $235 a month.

But remember, that's $235 for Plan F, $96 for Part B, $40 or so for Part D, we are up to about $370 a month, I have spoken to around 10 people who can not afford those rates vs 0 premium MA plan, with 3400 oop.

I believe in certain areas MA has huge enrollment and is more understood or accepted. PA happens to be one of those states. Income level/budget also determines what seniors want to purchase. Healthy people do not want to spend 250 for med supp and drug coverage... not the seniors I deal with anyways.

Don't doubt you at all my friend. I'm only discussing whether a national company is going to mess with MA's. I'm sure there are regions where it's what you sell. I will never be a part of that but neither here nor there. Norvax, nor any other company, will be investing money into something with a big government bullseye like MA

I believe CoInsGuy was saying that most agent leaving health to sell Medicare will be trying to sell med supps not MA plans, and that has nothing to do with the value aspect of med supp vs ma .

Honestly, according to CMS Broward County FL, has a 47% MA plan penetration, and I don't doubt it.

Avg med supp here is $250-300, cheapest I believe is AARP $235 a month.

But remember, that's $235 for Plan F, $96 for Part B, $40 or so for Part D, we are up to about $370 a month, I have spoken to around 10 people who can not afford those rates vs 0 premium MA plan, with 3400 oop.

I've sold about 75 MA plans this AEP with 0 premium.
1300 deductible for hospital/outpatient pays 100 percent after the deductible has been met. Network Max OOP is 3400 which is pretty hard to hit unless the client is very sick.

This is a great sell for the more active, healthier seniors. Some of these seniors may go 2-3 years without hospitzalition or outpatient surgery and if I sold them a Med Supp all of that premium would be lost. anyway.. its a hot seller in PA. They have HMO and PPO version available.

Joe

Back