Quoting Tool for Seniors

I've sold about 75 MA plans this AEP with 0 premium.
1300 deductible for hospital/outpatient pays 100 percent after the deductible has been met. Network Max OOP is 3400 which is pretty hard to hit unless the client is very sick.

This is a great sell for the more active, healthier seniors. Some of these seniors may go 2-3 years without hospitzalition or outpatient surgery and if I sold them a Med Supp all of that premium would be lost. anyway.. its a hot seller in PA. They have HMO and PPO version available.

Joe

Joe, Still don't see what that has to do with getting a quote engine for MA plans other than you talking about how many free policies you've given away!

Yep, same here.

good deal.....:biggrin:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Joe, Still don't see what that has to do with getting a quote engine for MA plans other than you talking about how many free policies you've given away!

I was just chatting with yougot about the MA plans up here.

I'm a bit frustrated that nobody has addressed the need for a top quality quoting tool for seniors. With this health reform I see many agents headed into the senior marketplace so it would be nice to have. Ritter Insurance Marketing has the tool I desperately need but wont allow agents to use it for marketing purposes. Asked a few times got 0 response. The Ritter Tool quotes ALL available plans in a given ZIP. Think about that for a minute.. its a wonderful tool for agents to have. anyway, I'm gonna go full steam ahead into the MA/Med Supp/FE market.

Regards,
Joe

Last edited:
The need for a senior quoting tools has been addressed. Quotit is trying to put a med supp quote engine together but when they demo'd it for me they only had 4 carriers.

Compliance is the real issue and the reason a true senior quote engine doesn't currently exist.

...would you even want to quote seniors "all med supp plans." There are over 30 carriers in some states.

Where? LOL....

There might 30 carriers on the DOI website, but not in reality.

For example, here in FL they have a whole bunch of companies that are sold only through an association (a real one), like for teachers....stuff like that.

There are only a handful of real supp carriers, but it doesn't matter anyway.....ma reign supreme down here.
...would you even want to quote seniors "all med supp plans." There are over 30 carriers in some states.

I wouldn't want to show them a whole bunch, just enough so they don't immediately bounce to another website, give me a few seconds to call...ha.

Last edited:
PA, are you referring to MA and/or Med Supps?

Because FYI, while Ritter's tool is the only one of it's kind --it does not quote all Med Supp plans, most certainly.

I'm fairly certain it does quote every plan available..

this includes MA and Med Supp

probably not.. but Its nice to see whats out there

Last edited:
Totally agree. Just because they're licensed doesn't mean they're competitive. Here's the 27 in TX:

AARP
Aetna Life
American Continental
American Rebublic
Assured Life
Bankers Fidelity Life
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Colonial Penn
Conseco
Family Life
Globe Life & Accident
GPM Life Insurance
Humana
Liberty National
Loyal American
Marquette National Life
New Era
Physicians Mutual
Reserve National Insurance
Royal Neighbors of America
State Farm
Sterling Life
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
United American
United of Omaha
United World

I'm fairly certain it does quote every plan available..

this includes MA and Med Supp

It doesn't , easy it does not show AARP in FL nor BX, they only show MOO & Gerber.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining though, it's a great tool, which is free....I'm just pointing out that it's erroneous (hooked on phonics is working!) to think they show all plans.

Last edited:
Back