Race and Life Insurance.

Good read. Loved the historical view provided. Much to ponder and celebrate as it would appear that we have "come a long way baby".

Not sure of my split, but am most assuredly certain that a majority of my book is black folks. Many of the inner city folks that I work with (white/black/hispanic) are looking for ways to offset cost of much of the craziness and violence that seems to permeate city life.

I think it is important for agents to understand the nuances of the culture groups they service. It helps people trust you more, and helps you to service in a more understanding way.

However; at the end of the day, death cuts across all nationalities and culture groups. Death is neither racist nor judgemental, it plays no favorites, knows no boundaries, is not influenced... it always calls, and will always be answered.

I am proud of what I do.:yes:

There's a simple way to demand reparations from the life insurance industry:

Buy their product. Buy it big and buy it for the long term.

As a friend of mine has said: "I love life insurance, but I hate life insurance companies."

If you want to make them pay, it just costs pennies per dollar per year.

When I started with National Life and Accident in 1971, they were on a couple of years out from having a separate rate book for blacks. They still had industrial (weekly premium) Sick and Accident coverages that could only be sold to blacks. Never sold one but did have soem on my books that I paid claims on becasue the agents paid the claim on the spot.

Back