Rear End accident

KellyD_NZ

4 months ago I was rear ended while stopped at a give way sign waiting to exit a road. There was luckily no damage to our car as we have the spare tyre on the back (Toyota Surf). There was some damage to the bonnet/grill of the car that hit us. We exchanged insurance details etc. Now their insurance company is claiming we are liable (saying we reversed into them!) and asked for our statement etc. We have completed all the forms, provided photographs etc and of course declined that we are liable. I have informed my insurance but as we do not need to make a claim they are not involved. The other party's insurance continue to email me asking for ME to provide evidence that we were rear ended. I have already provided my statement, drawing of the incident, photos of the damage and a witness statement from my husband. They are asking that WE provide CCTV evidence???!! We are the victims here but it seems we are being asked to prove them wrong? We are not the ones making the claim.

Any advice please on how I can approach this, it seem the insurance company is trying it on with me.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Kelly

The other party must PROVE you were negligent. If their insurer is being unfair or heavy handed, file a complaint with your state insurance department. Getting the regulator involved will likely end this. Interested in revealing the identify of the other insurer?

A Toyota Surf is not a US branded car. You might want to check with insurance laws in what ever country the accident happened

Back