Recommendations on a Good Dialer Program

IF I remember correctly, there was an issue with the cel numbers on the DNC.. I don't remember exactly what it was.. but there was some sort of issue. I loved the politics of the DNC list.. first they exempt themselves so that you could get a million political calls then the first one busted was AT&T for violating the DNC and they were paid but the gov. to manage the DNC list..

You can't call cell phones using a dialer. That's part of the tcpa. It was a huge deal and I would be shocked of that was changed. It's well established that you need to scrub against cell phones or have an explicit opt-in that allows calls to be made with dialer and no raw marketing list will have that.

Don't call cell phones with a dialer.

Most (if not all) marketing lists have cell phones in them.

To be fair, I think ShotgunEnergy runs a appointment setting service. He's not cold calling. So if he's calling leads, he has expressed consent to load that info in a dialer, except those states that prohibit autodialing cellphones even with consent.

Bottom line: Don't risk fines by blindly follow anyone's advise on this forum. If you want real advice, consult with the best law firm in the nation on telemarketer law.

Autodialer Law

To be fair, I think ShotgunEnergy runs a appointment setting service. He's not cold calling. So if he's calling leads, he has expressed consent to load that info in a dialer, except those states that prohibit autodialing cellphones even with consent.

Bottom line: Don't risk fines by blindly follow anyone's advise on this forum. If you want real advice, consult with the best law firm in the nation on telemarketer law.

Autodialer Law

You are correct :) I do appointment setting but only call DM replies. I use something different than an auto dialer. In my system All the info comes up on my screen then I click on Dial and it dials the number then I can disposition the call "not interested" "no answer" "apt" or whatever the result. This is different than an auto dialer that has several lines trying to reach people then when they answer send the call to a rep. YOu know when you have been called from an auto dialer, they are when you pick up the phone and say hello five times before someone comes on the line. They are mainly used, as you said, for cold calling and the dialer chewed threw a TON of numbers. So in my case I can put in a cel number.. That being said it is EXTREMELY rare for someone to give the cel number. The only cases I have run into that is where they don't use a land line just the cel to save on expenses. I am sure we will be seeing more and more of that in the near future

You are correct :) You know when you have been called from an auto dialer, they are when you pick up the phone and say hello five times before someone comes on the line.

I pretty much eliminated that delay by disabling the answering machine detection and voicemail drops, and taking all live calls on my Calltools dialer.

Yes, I leave live voicemails hundreds of times a day, but it keeps me from falling asleep waiting for the next live call.

I don't expect a callback but i consider it a 30 second commercial to get my name out there and plug my website. I do get a trickle of traffic from it now and again according to google analytics.

You are correct :) I do appointment setting but only call DM replies. I use something different than an auto dialer. In my system All the info comes up on my screen then I click on Dial and it dials the number then I can disposition the call "not interested" "no answer" "apt" or whatever the result. This is different than an auto dialer that has several lines trying to reach people then when they answer send the call to a rep. YOu know when you have been called from an auto dialer, they are when you pick up the phone and say hello five times before someone comes on the line. They are mainly used, as you said, for cold calling and the dialer chewed threw a TON of numbers. So in my case I can put in a cel number.. That being said it is EXTREMELY rare for someone to give the cel number. The only cases I have run into that is where they don't use a land line just the cel to save on expenses. I am sure we will be seeing more and more of that in the near future

I thought it was 40% that only had landlines, but it's almost 1/2, and it would be higher, but a lot of people have the landline for the internet. I have 4 kids and 5 siblings and none of us have a landline.

I don't necessarily think they do away with the landline to save on expenses, but to not waste money. If not to have for the internet, or because there's no service in an area(and there are towns that don't), what do you need a landline for?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/y...t-40-percent-of-u-s-households-on-a-landline?

I thought it was 40% that only had landlines, but it's almost 1/2, and it would be higher, but a lot of people have the landline for the internet. I have 4 kids and 5 siblings and none of us have a landline.

I don't necessarily think they do away with the landline to save on expenses, but to not waste money. If not to have for the internet, or because there's no service in an area(and there are towns that don't), what do you need a landline for?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home/y...t-40-percent-of-u-s-households-on-a-landline?

Yep. Rural America has really been left behind on the information superhighway. But new technologies are in the works!:jiggy:

I pretty much eliminated that delay by disabling the answering machine detection and voicemail drops, and taking all live calls on my Calltools dialer.

Yes, I leave live voicemails hundreds of times a day, but it keeps me from falling asleep waiting for the next live call.

I don't expect a callback but i consider it a 30 second commercial to get my name out there and plug my website. I do get a trickle of traffic from it now and again according to google analytics.

Its funny how we all have our little ways of making the day go faster waiting for someone to answer the phone :) I remember one day it took so long to get someone to answer the phone when they did I got caught off guard and forgot the company name.. the pitch went something like Hello This is Um UM LOL :D

Back