Release

If I remember, JD posted that he used to do something with unions. Can't remember the details. I say we start him out as the union president.

Just let me know where to sent the check for my dues.

And if we ever meet up in person, can I wear my MAGA hat?

I was every position in the local. Steward, executive board member, time study engineer, vice president, benefits rep, president.

After the plant closed I was a field coordinator for the AFL-CIO Appalachian Council for 12 years.

I worked for Ron Cyrus. Might have heard of him? Has a son named Billy Ray and a grand daughter, Miley.

I was every position in the local. Steward, executive board member, time study engineer, vice president, benefits rep, president.

After the plant closed I was a field coordinator for the AFL-CIO Appalachian Council for 12 years.

I worked for Ron Cyrus. Might have heard of him? Has a son named Billy Ray and a grand daughter, Miley.
That's impressive. I remember you saying on here that you worked with the unions.

I remember Ron Cyrus. My brother and I did a few of Billy Ray's shows years ago. Never did anything with Miley.

P.S. You forgot to tell me what to do with my MAGA hat.

That's impressive. I remember you saying on here that you worked with the unions.

I remember Ron Cyrus. My brother and I did a few of Billy Ray's shows years ago. Never did anything with Miley.

Free country.

we were already great. If someone wants to wear a treasonous logo then it’s their right.

There was an agent union or the start of one a long time ago. Didn't go anywhere.
The captive agents at Pru used to be unionized under UFCW. Last I heard, the home service agents at American National are still unionized, I think maybe under the same union.

When I sold Yellow Pages ads, the sales people were unionized under IBEW. I was in the first group that was recruited straight into sales rather than being promoted from a phone company job. Being in a union for sales seemed weird to me at the time.

Not a union, but I was a long time member of NALU/NAIFA and got a lot out of it. They actually do a lot to help and protect agents. I’ve recently thought an association specifically geared to Final Expense, Home Service, and Medicare agents might be interesting. Anybody want to start one?

Last edited:

Ron Cyrus is one of the finest men I’ve ever known in my life.

I can describe him with one word, honorable!!

Let me add, Ron died in 2006. He was not my direct boss. But he hired me. And my boss couldn’t fire me without going thru Ron. So I considered him my boss.

The guy I did report to was the complete opposite. I couldn’t stand that dude.

I was going to quit and asked to be reassigned. Ron told me no. Not really no. But he said “I put you in that position for a reason. I made a commitment to them and you. I do not want you to leave. If you have any problems going forward come to me first”.

So I stayed. I never had even one problem from that other guy after that. 6 months later he was the one moved out.

Last edited:
Back