Renewals

this is email I received yesterday about renewals[FONT=Bookman Old Style,serif][FONT=Bookman Old Style,serif]Hello everyone,

Let me start out with letting you know how much I appreciate all the hard work each of you have done with Windsor in the past. I just received news from Kelly Swift about the payment of renewals. One of the requirements to receive renewals was that we had to have at least 500 enrollees into their second year, unfortunately we only had 446 enrollees. I am working with Windsor in an attempt to still receive some kind of compensation due to the fact that we were very close. It might take some time, but I promise I am doing everything I can to make this happen.. I will let everyone know as soon as we come to a decision.. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
[/FONT]
[/FONT] What do ya'll think?
The
company says they do not have to pay insurance agents that were not contacted , certificated, with company because of the cms guidelines
but they do not have to pay a 200.00 renewal because that only applies to business written in 2009 and will apply to next years renews.
Renewals will go out on Monday the amount of renewals is undisclosed
next if a mga has a requirement in their contract( and the downline dose not have anything in their contract ), Do you think that is something that we just might need to know?

It seems to me that if (we) use the cms guidelines to not pay agents that wrote business in 2008 and choose not to contract in 2009
then why would we not pay the $200.00 renewal also stated in the call letter...
Then the issue of the first year commissions...and then the 10%charge back account that have not been refunded. 2008 3 mo charge back policy ...just not worth it :err:
Any advice on this?

yes I suppose I did. This was the 2008 contract year, as far as I know no one under this company had anything about renewals in that contract.
the 2009 contract I signed did spell out renewals. However now at this point the company is saying that there were two contracts one that wasa 550.00 and the mga paid his/her downline the other contract was a 450.00 contract in which the company paid the agents directly . Most mga (all that I know of) chose the higher contract.
The higher contract i'm now told reqired at least 500 enrollment in the second year.
I have spoke with other mga's that was surprised to find out that they would not receive renewals. So I guess this is a he said ...she said ...
If this was in my upline contract I do think it should had also been in my contract.
so yes I suppose I did so should we also ask any fmo,mga ect I need to see what is in your contract also before I sign a contract with anyone?
There were over 1000 appts written with this small group and as you can see the enrollment at the second year is 446

Ok Missi,

I'm feeling like a friendly sort tonight.

What we're trying to get you to think about is: ALLWAYS VERIFY, NEVER TRUST WHAT IS NOT IN WRITING, AND WHEN SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY... CHECK FOR FISH.

What does that mean? Read the contract again. Ask... NO... demand to read his agreement with the company with the 500 case clause or threaten... NO... promise to file a complaint with the insurance dept and state attorney general.

So... let's start from the beginning.

1. What does your contract say about commissions. Word. For. Word.

Back