Revocation of License

mannypohany

I was forced to resign by a very big Insurance company where I was an captive agent but actually treated like an employee.
This was totally a vindictive action as I had an argument with a top VP.
Need advice on lawyers or the process which will follow as I have not received any paperwork from State.

Forget it and move on.

You will pay a lot of money to lawyers. The case will drag on for a year or longer. It will drag you down and won't win.

Trying to prove unjust termination is difficult . . . unless you are the victim of unwanted sexual advances.

You were fired - what makes you think the state is gong to revoke your license? Plenty of captive agents get fired every year - they don't get their licenses revoked as a result. The key concern is the company going to say you were terminated for cause. If so, then that will be something you will need to explain in writing to every carrier with whom you try to contract in the future.

I think that’s a bunch of bs . I’ve never heard of the state keeping track and notifying any company one gets licensed with about termination with cause .

I was forced to resign by a very big Insurance company where I was an captive agent but actually treated like an employee.
This was totally a vindictive action as I had an argument with a top VP.
Need advice on lawyers or the process which will follow as I have not received any paperwork from State.

They did you the biggest favor of your adult life. You just haven’t recognized it yet because you are insulted.
Don’t ever consider being a captive agent ever again.

Thanks everyone for your inputs however if my license is revoked then I cannot be in insurance business which is not going to kill me as I can do something else.
My frustration is that this big company has so much influence on the State Insurance department who are almost being their slaves.

Actually there was nothing wrong done by me except that I had a tussle with a veteran agent who is friends with top management and he had told me that I was finished with this company and then in just a week an audit was conducted where they did not find anything however they alleged that one of my producers was selling Life and Health products without having license which was not true but since they had decided to get rid of me so there was no warning or anything else, just resign or get terminated.
I refused to accept this biased decision and approached my VP and also companies CEO and Chairman and that is where they got pissed and sent to insurance commissioner that I had resigned but they would have terminated me for a cause.
I know couple of agents who were actually terminated for cause as they were caught doing wrong but they are both having independent agencies with no action from Insurance department?
I know that I have a very good case of bias which I can prove , just need a good lawyer who can accept my case Probono.

Thanks everyone for your inputs however if my license is revoked then I cannot be in insurance business which is not going to kill me as I can do something else.
My frustration is that this big company has so much influence on the State Insurance department who are almost being their slaves.

Actually there was nothing wrong done by me except that I had a tussle with a veteran agent who is friends with top management and he had told me that I was finished with this company and then in just a week an audit was conducted where they did not find anything however they alleged that one of my producers was selling Life and Health products without having license which was not true but since they had decided to get rid of me so there was no warning or anything else, just resign or get terminated.
I refused to accept this biased decision and approached my VP and also companies CEO and Chairman and that is where they got pissed and sent to insurance commissioner that I had resigned but they would have terminated me for a cause.
I know couple of agents who were actually terminated for cause as they were caught doing wrong but they are both having independent agencies with no action from Insurance department?
I know that I have a very good case of bias which I can prove , just need a good lawyer who can accept my case Probono.

They aren’t going to cancel your license just because they cancel your contract with them. You have to do something really bad to get your state insurance license canceled.

Like I said I think it’s bs that when a company terms you for cause they file with Ins dept . Then any CO wanting to hurt you to screw your career ( LH and SL) could term you for cause . That would be more of a civil matter

Unless he can point to where on his license they hurt him?

Many years ago I was a "victim" in much the same way as the OP. I had no choice but to fight it. Cost me a lot of $$$ and wasted over a year fighting only to have them drop the case.

Never again.

Back