RNA Rate Increase FE

On the ages where they were still competitive, like a 65 year old non smoker female, it raised the rate about $2/mo. So not terrible where they were OK.

I only compared a handful of cases but from what I saw it looked like 10%ish increase across the board. Did you see a standout
Drastic increase anywhere... Above 15%

I only compared a handful of cases but from what I saw it looked like 10%ish increase across the board. Did you see a standout

I'm interested to hear more from other's experience on this as well. It does seem that the conversation has shifted in here a bit, albeit slightly, in that the "dirt cheap" carrier my not always be the wisest decision.

After all, it still is paramount that a policy is issued for our client and we are paid in a timely fashion at the end of the day lol.

I'm interested to hear more from other's experience on this as well. It does seem that the conversation has shifted in here a bit, albeit slightly, in that the "dirt cheap" carrier my not always be the wisest decision.

After all, it still is paramount that a policy is issued for our client and we are paid in a timely fashion at the end of the day lol.

The bottom line price wise is can you seel the deal to the point that they won't ever talk to another agent. Doesn't matter if your asking lh of kskj if you dont seel the deal then If they do that agent will surely low-ball you and get them to replace.

Some of my clients are untouchable but many are still curious and worried they are missing some new program that will pay their final expenses so they send back another card. You can educate them all you want but done will never learn.

I don't know that it's changed. The best deal that the person can qualify for seems to have been the discussion here for as long as I can remember.

RNA made themselves into a niche company. The price for a niche company is way on down the list.

In some states RNA is going to be the best priced company for a niche. But for the niche example that BillyB gave, I would have several companies that would be better priced than RNA. He doesn't have that. It's just like Aetna. They are an extreme niche company now. But for the client that can only get level coverage with Aetna, the price is not important. I used to write quite a bit of Aetna. I've only found 2 cases to write them since their changes last Sept. Only found 2 instances to write RNA this year. None since the rate increase. But it's only been a week.

----------

I didn't give it more than a cursory look. I knew they were still competitive on mid 60's female non smokers so I looked at a couple of them to see how bad it was.

The rate increase in 2013 pretty much put RNA on the shelf. Then the voice sig thing killed them. This last rate increase just threw more dirt on the grave.

I totally agree with this.

You DONT need the cheapest policy on the market to be successful. Thats a total myth put forth by some marketers.

So RNA takes neuropathy at a preferred rate as long as they are a diabetic after the age of 50?

Learned that yesterday

Back