Rob Berish CEO Managing Partner of My American Prosperity LLC - Anyone ever work here?

While you are free to file a complaint, Divison of Insurance do not care about complaints from agents about recruiting practices. Did you buy a policy? Yes or No. If the answer is no they will toss your complaint. You wont go anywhere with commission disputes or lead quality

This is not a recruiting practice complaint. It is more like an ethical complaint. TDI, like other State insurance division lets the insurance entity and the agent work it out through arbitration. Complaints are not tossed. The main objective that is good for the complainer is exposure of Berish in this case. Complaints remain on record for three years. So, it is worth your time to make a written complaint and submit it. Make sure it looks good and with detail.

Are you a new agent? If you are, understand thats may be how it works in North Korea, but in United States Division of Insurance of any state will not investigate a complaint coming from an agent. It will be tossed. Arbitration may be an option in FINRA cases but not in Division of Insurance agent to agency complaints. Division of Insurance is there to protect the public. There was no policy bought here therefore zero jurisdiction or interest.

walthamny, to clarify, I meant arbitration between the two agents or entities. It usually ends up for the two to work it out themselves but also there is a record for three years. TDI does not toss complaints. Agents submit complaints on other agents or agencies all the time. I never mentioned any investigation.

It is obvious you have no experience but you do have a lot of experience posting here. I have submitted complaints many times in Texas and other States and they got the attention of the person/people I am complaining about and the complaints in most States remains on record for three years. So, to say they toss complaints is incorrect. Maybe that's how they do it in Columbia, if that's where you are from.

The topic of this thread and this forum is mostly about agents and insurance organizations, so I kept on topic. Sure, complaints to a State's insurance division is mainly for consumers, but agents can also complain on other agents and ins orgs. Where else would they go? I have done it many times. Not once were they tossed.

Last edited:
Are you saying that TDI (and other states) helped you with these complaints? Did they resolve the complaints for you?

TDI and other states only helped by providing a platform to make a complaint and a way to make them aware of a complaint which helps the person complaining resolve the complaint between each other. TDI and other states do not assist in resolving. But, the person, agency or insurance company that received the complaint has a certain period to respond. Of course it is not court, but it does get their attention. Not like suing, but it does not cost money. Just time.

I never claimed to have all the answers. I was just suggesting a simple way to complain and it may or may not work for all. But, like this forum has made some aware of Berish, complaints can add up and at least make agents who come here more aware of what they are getting into.

My experience with any of the state DOIs that when a complaint comes in from an agent, it's not even acknowledged and you'll never hear back from them.
I think it's wrong that they won't get involved at all.

My experience with any of the state DOIs that when a complaint comes in from an agent, it's not even acknowledged and you'll never hear back from them.
I think it's wrong that they won't get involved at all.

I agree that is it wrong they don't get involved, especially where consumers and other agents are hurt financially or by way of misleading sales tactics. That is why I have sent a few of my reports to the State's Attorney General. If the complaint has merit, they don't play.

I am sure that is the case for you and many others. When I made a complaint for example to the CA Department if Insurance last year, my complaint was detailed and the agent I complained about sent me an angry email that I reported him. That was an acknowledgement that the CA Dept of Insurance sent my complaint to the agent in an attempt to resolve things between ourselves. I never asked for a resolution. I just wanted him to know that I was reporting him to multiple States. Another State was Indiana and an enforcement attorney contacted me, Every State is different and every complaint has a level and handled accordingly, i.e. whether it is determined to be unlawful or not or worth their time or not.

Just signed up and after seeing what he had to offer and after several red flags along to recruitment, I decided to not go through to fully onboard with his firm. I told Rob Berish - I felt uncomfortable having to pay before I could see behind the curtain - meaning - he reveals the process one step at a time without you knowing exactly what is coming next.
Also he offers no contract up front - another flag.
Because I had not been fully boarded, I asked that he send my money back the same way he asked me to send it to him - which was take a photo of your check and text it to him. (That way he can deposit the cash and you can not stop payment, once the check is processing)

I asked him point blank - will you refund my money - and he said yes -
but he never has as yet.

Later, I realized he got my name from his supposedly executive assistant - Julie Coleman. Her opening marketing email to me - recommending My American Prosperity came from an email showing her email as -- [email protected] After I was hooked and sent in my 500 dollars to begin to onboard - she sends me what appears to be a fake E&O, acting as his supposedly Executive Assistant, with a new email - [email protected]

Sorry I had not joined this forum prior - but wanted to get this out to all right away with more to follow. For now- looks like I got scammed.

Back