Royal Neighbors Changes

How many of you ask for an email address when taking an app for FE?

I don't usually ask unless I see they have a smartphone or computer laying around because I hate getting any No's from people when filling out the app.

I never ask. The handful of times that they have told me they have an email address I advise them to not put it on the application unless they want an insurance contacting them all the time. Most do not want that.

I never ask. The handful of times that they have told me they have an email address I advise them to not put it on the application unless they want an insurance contacting them all the time. Most do not want that.

Ditto that. If I did not have to put their correct phone number on the app I would not.

Not leaving, gone. Shannon Davey.

Well, I read it and thought you could do either one, phone app or paper app, thanks for clarification John. Guess Ill be pulling theme out of my bag, just doesnt make sense for FE field sales, this is pretty much the same reason I dont write equitable. I was really excited to start writing them much more with the rx changes, guess Ill have to wait and see if their "light" goes off that they just committed suicide.

----------

I am beginning to think right the opposite of Galt.. Think I favor companies that offer no POS. Sure, it is nice to get the approval on the spot.. But to what purpose? With most companies, it does not result in any faster payment of commission. A few companies give you the actual policy number at the end and if you're replacing that can be nice because you can go ahead and cancel their current coverage before you leave the house. But, with some of those that don't give policy numbers, they can rescind the approval you received at the end of the POS before they issue the policy. An experienced agent has a very good idea of whether a client is acceptable to a company 98% of the time so the enhanced POS doesn't really do much good in that respect.

The POS helps protect the company somewhat from clean sheeting by the agetns but does little to reduce the agent's liability in case of a claim problem. The family's lawyer will claim that you encouraged the insured to answer no on the health questions, saying that it wasn't really important.

The enhanced POS adds another 25 minutes to an hour (in case of husband and wife apps) to the time you spend on each sale. That is time you could be spending on the next interview.

My underwriting in the house is sharper, more accurate and tighter than anyone I have ever trained or rode with. Its not about that, its not about clean sheeting or protections, its about knowing where the PI stands before I leave the house. Consider I drive a good ways as well to work, I dont like driving back for bs. I dont like surprises and we all know the carriers are notorious for that, hence this very thread.

Well, I read it and thought you could do either one, phone app or paper app, thanks for clarification John. Guess Ill be pulling theme out of my bag, just doesnt make sense for FE field sales, this is pretty much the same reason I dont write equitable. I was really excited to start writing them much more with the rx changes, guess Ill have to wait and see if their "light" goes off that they just committed suicide.

----------

My underwriting in the house is sharper, more accurate and tighter than anyone I have ever trained or rode with. Its not about that, its not about clean sheeting or protections, its about knowing where the PI stands before I leave the house. Consider I drive a good ways as well to work, I dont like driving back for bs. I dont like surprises and we all know the carriers are notorious for that, hence this very thread.

I realize they there would be the occasional "surprise" where the MIB or Scriptcheck turned up something the insured did not tell you about. The question is, does it happen often enough to justify spending an extra 30 minutes to an hour in the house for each sale you complete? Could a person that hustles, for example Agentguy5, not produce more during the time saved not doing POS interviews to make up for the surprises? (BTW, if a carrier is nutritious for surprises perhaps it would be better not to use that carrier)

Back