Rx Lists - AEP

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
I should know this, but frankly, I just don't. HIPAA stuff can confuse me.

I know agents e-mail things like medicare.gov reports or S&S reports etc etc etc showing specific meds and copays etc.

No one seems to ever say "don't do that."

My question is this:

Can I e-mail a .pdf of a current list of Rx's to a client and ask, "is this rx list up to date?" without making that .pdf password protected?

I know we get a lot of e-mails from them with their Rx info - but I was just thinking today, not sure the absolute best practice here on this.

I use S&S and it's pretty easy to get the pdf of their Rx list when they ask me to review - I can reply - "Is this up to date?" - but I just don't want to violate HIPAA.

I'm also trying to avoid my client from having to re-enter Rx's every year. And I'm trying to avoid the PURL price when I don't feel like I need it.

I’m no HIPAA expert, but this should be good to go as long as the drug list has no PHI (names, address, SSN, medical numbers/etc) on the list.

I’m no HIPAA expert, but this should be good to go as long as the drug list has no PHI (names, address, SSN, medical numbers/etc) on the list.

Unfortunately the S&S lists generate pdf w/ name.... I'll email them to see if that can change.

Unfortunately the S&S lists generate pdf w/ name.... I'll email them to see if that can change.

You’ve been using search and save a while . Do you believe the Dr accuracy is as accurate as company direct lookups ? From what I understand when you put a drs name in it populates all the plans from all the different CO’s there in network with .Is that correct ? If you misspell the drs name in lookup does it list potential drs it could be like carrier websites ? Lastly can you enroll for mapd and med sups from the site ?

Can you edit the pdf? You should be able to using any pdf editor. In Adobe acrobat, there’s a edit pdf button you should be able to delete the name.can be a temporary fix u til you hear from the crm company.

You’ve been using search and save a while . Do you believe the Dr accuracy is as accurate as company direct lookups ? From what I understand when you put a drs name in it populates all the plans from all the different CO’s there in network with .Is that correct ? If you misspell the drs name in lookup does it list potential drs it could be like carrier websites ? Lastly can you enroll for mapd and med sups from the site ?
He says S & S gets their data directly from the carriers, so should be as accurate. I think they update weekly.

Yes, you can enroll from S & S.

You still haven't tried your free trial? You don't even have to put your card info until the end of your free trial. You'll love it. Easier than MedicareCENTER.

Back