Script of the Day... Tell Me what You Think!! Plz

so here is my real re-vamping of the script... does not seem short but does seem to be quality... let me know..

Hi ________ , this is Jonathan calling. I don’t want this to be an awkward call… but we haven’t actually spoken before… So maybe if I took a brief second to explain why I called, you could decide whether we should continue or not, does that sound fair?

OK I am a ____ Insurances agent here in ______ and we have made some great changes in our area that I feel might benefit you. Now I know that you weren't expecting my call today, so I want to be respectful of your time, Now my intent is not to sell you anything over the phone today because you don’t even know me yet, But Let me ask, what you like best about your current company or agent…
If there was something you could change about your insurance program what would you change?

My approach is a little different. I like to do a full insurance analysis. What that means, is that I’ll show you exactly what you have now. Then I’ll show you if your same coverage was with me, and the money you could save... and finally I also show you how much coverage you could have with the same money you're spending already.

I am providing this at my expense as a way of introducing myself and my services to the community. Either I can help, or I can't. It's simple and the best part is you'll be the judge on whether it would be a benefit to you or not.

Do you know who you currently have your coverage with?
How long have you been with them?
Do you have other coverage’s with them?
Do you know your coverage limits?
Do you know your deductibles?
How many cars are you insuring?
And so I know if I am even in the same ball park what are you currently paying?
Now like I said I want to be respectful of your time so I will get this quote done for you, what is the best time to reach you?
I see you're trying to be Sandler-esque, but you've missed the mark by a long, long way. Way too much talking by you.

Go back and review whatever Sandler "no pressure cold call" material you may have.

----------

I don't think opening with the "awkward call" intro sounds too appealing.

On the other hand, I like the idea of asking, "Did I catch you at a bad time?" I agree that their natural inclination might me to say, "No" which is actually "yes" to proceed.

Hopefully, you can get their attention and peak their interest by the time they realize that their negative response was actually an invitation for us to continue.
You need a pattern interrupt, but the "awkward call" thing is a bit...awkward. Better to use one like, "I'm sure my name is probably not familiar to you."

That should pique their interest.

so here is my real re-vamping of the script... does not seem short but does seem to be quality... let me know..

Hi ________ , this is Jonathan calling. I don’t want this to be an awkward call… but we haven’t actually spoken before… So maybe if I took a brief second to explain why I called, you could decide whether we should continue or not, does that sound fair?

Lose the 'maybe'. Just say "Let me take a brief second to..." The other suggestions are good too.

OK I am a ____ Insurances agent here in ______ and we have made some great changes in our area that I feel might benefit you.

What are the changes? All of your questions are about their situation, but your HOOK was the "great changes". Either describe the changes... or simply ask permission to ask them a few questions.

You can say "I don't know if they will benefit you, so if I may, I'd like to ask you a few questions."

Of course, you had better have a couple of "bullet points" on these changes so you can talk about what they can expect as a result of working with you.

(1) Now I know that you weren't expecting my call today, (2) so I want to be respectful of your time, (3) Now my intent is not to sell you anything over the phone today (4) because you don’t even know me yet,

I count 4 apologies or reasons that you are giving them to not do anything with you.

Cut all that out and get straight to WIIFM - What's In It For Me or ask questions to help qualify the prospect.

But Let me ask, what you like best about your current company or agent…
If there was something you could change about your insurance program what would you change?

Most people don't like to talk about insurance, so you need to change up these questions. In fact, make them a little bit lighter:
- What do you wish your insurance program could do for you that it isn't doing now? (Open it up for fun answers - like mowing the lawn or doing their taxes? They just might start to LIKE you!)
- When was the last time your insurance agent contacted you to review your coverage and options? (This is a good question to determine satisfaction, as well as any competition.)

My approach is a little different. I like to do a full insurance analysis. What that means, is that I’ll show you exactly what you have now. Then I’ll show you if your same coverage was with me, and the money you could save... and finally I also show you how much coverage you could have with the same money you're spending already.

"Analysis" sounds long, tedius, and boring. What you're talking about... sounds boring.

I would shift the focus a bit. "I would like the opportunity to compete for your business."

I am providing this at my expense as a way of introducing myself and my services to the community. Either I can help, or I can't. It's simple and the best part is you'll be the judge on whether it would be a benefit to you or not.

People don't buy insurance. People buy people. You're selling too much on the policy and coverage, and not enough on the relationship.

I know I gave you some of the lines above, but looking at it again (hey, I've got my meds now, and I'm thinking a little clearer than before), your entire approach is rather dry.

If you can get the prospect to smile and show them that you're more fun AND competent to work with... they may chose you over their current agent.

Do you know who you currently have your coverage with?
How long have you been with them?
Do you have other coverage’s with them?
Do you know your coverage limits?
Do you know your deductibles?
How many cars are you insuring?
And so I know if I am even in the same ball park what are you currently paying?
Now like I said I want to be respectful of your time so I will get this quote done for you, what is the best time to reach you?

The more questions that sound like you're 'interrogating' them... means that you're not easy or fun to work with. Make this as short and sweet as possible: "If you know where your current policy declarations pages are... if you could fax or email them to me, that would save us both a lot of time. I'll take a look and put together a proposal based on your current coverage. If I have any questions, is this the best number to reach you?"

Now, I'm not a P&C guy, so I don't know all these details on an agent level... but the easier you make it to work with you, the more the prospect can feel that "they're in good hands". :)

I see you're trying to be Sandler-esque, but you've missed the mark by a long, long way. Way too much talking by you.

Go back and review whatever Sandler "no pressure cold call" material you may have.

----------

You need a pattern interrupt, but the "awkward call" thing is a bit...awkward. Better to use one like, "I'm sure my name is probably not familiar to you."

That should pique their interest.

got to say I don't know who Sandler is but I will look that up thanks

Dude are you reading what moon posts?

Pattern interruption....

If your cold calling to get leads then research moon and do as he says.

Is my name familiar, did I get you at a bad time, can I take 15 seconds to tell you why I called.

Geez do you want us to write the script for free.

Back