Script of the Day... Tell Me what You Think!! Plz

I think youre right, taxes do grab attention...but i find that people start thinking im a tax preparer...maybe with all the people that do their own taxes i could say something like....i help families, like yours, that worried about how taxes could erode their retirement, and concerned about how they can defer more money away from uncle sam. Just the other day i helped a couple who wanted to know more about long term care and how the recent tax deductions could practically pay all their premiums. Thats probably not case for you, but i thoght id just double check.

What type of numbers are you getting now? Contacts to appointments? Although I have been successfully using taxes, I would be hesitant to change a script that is working.

If you have a Script that is working the way to try to improve it is with very small changes. Try changing one word or phrase and see if results change.

"Hi _______...its ________ from _________over in _________, did I catch you at a bad time?" (I go for no, no=yes to move fwd, I get maybe a 1% decline, mostly people say no, whats this about? permission for their time granted)

Personally I would never start by asking if I caught the person at a bad time. As you point out, it gives the client the chance to respond with "yes". I'd bet that more than 1% take you up on the opportunity to get out quick.

Rule 1 that I teach all of my agents - NEVER ask a question unless you know all possible answers and more importantly like ALL of them.

Personally I would never start by asking if I caught the person at a bad time. As you point out, it gives the client the chance to respond with "yes". I'd bet that more than 1% take you up on the opportunity to get out quick.

Rule 1 that I teach all of my agents - NEVER ask a question unless you know all possible answers and more importantly like ALL of them.

You want the easy out, if it is not a good time next.

would like to thank everyone for your input.. So I took a little from each of you posts and came up with this:
Hi this is____ with ____ insurance... you want an incredibly good looking agent or not!
Short... To the Point... and different from everything out there... Tried it out today and I now have 3 dates for Friday night!
joking a side the reason I don't say want to see if I can save you money is the company I work with is not the cheapest in town so I have to try and go on value... I will try and shorten it more and make it a little more to the point.. Again thank you and would love to hear some of your scripts that work...

You want the easy out, if it is not a good time next.

Agreed, i got into the habbit of asking that on every call, sales or not...someone explained to me the logic...people are trained to say 'no' to sales people. Regardless of how good the idea is, saying 'no' makes them comfortable. The actual question is just as rhetorical as 'hows it goin' its only a courtesy, but asking if its a 'bad' time catches them off gaurd, they want to say no to my sale, so i let them say no.
Cold calling isnt about selling tho, at least imo, for what i sell (financial planning) its really just sifting through the dirt and finding that person who is in pain. Since ive started, i mixed my calls between natural market, businesses, and if im in the office late enough, residential. Im not gonna lie, residential is the worst. I found its a little bit easier to team up with someone. Split 50/50, get 200 names and adresses or emails, send a letter. Call on behalf of your teammate, and have them call on your behalf.
Dont ask me why but it really takes the pressure off, both ways. The homeowner knows your not selling (dont kill the messenger) and you feel they arent rejecting you. If you set a fact finding appt either can go. Double book if needed.
The only problem with that is making sure your teaming up with someone who can also set appts for you, or will team up on an equal case. It has to be fair. Obviously.

so here is my real re-vamping of the script... does not seem short but does seem to be quality... let me know..

Hi ________ , this is Jonathan calling. I don’t want this to be an awkward call… but we haven’t actually spoken before… So maybe if I took a brief second to explain why I called, you could decide whether we should continue or not, does that sound fair?

OK I am a ____ Insurances agent here in ______ and we have made some great changes in our area that I feel might benefit you. Now I know that you weren't expecting my call today, so I want to be respectful of your time, Now my intent is not to sell you anything over the phone today because you don’t even know me yet, But Let me ask, what you like best about your current company or agent…
If there was something you could change about your insurance program what would you change?

My approach is a little different. I like to do a full insurance analysis. What that means, is that I’ll show you exactly what you have now. Then I’ll show you if your same coverage was with me, and the money you could save... and finally I also show you how much coverage you could have with the same money you're spending already.

I am providing this at my expense as a way of introducing myself and my services to the community. Either I can help, or I can't. It's simple and the best part is you'll be the judge on whether it would be a benefit to you or not.

Do you know who you currently have your coverage with?
How long have you been with them?
Do you have other coverage’s with them?
Do you know your coverage limits?
Do you know your deductibles?
How many cars are you insuring?
And so I know if I am even in the same ball park what are you currently paying?
Now like I said I want to be respectful of your time so I will get this quote done for you, what is the best time to reach you?

so here is my real re-vamping of the script... does not seem short but does seem to be quality... let me know..

Hi ________ , this is Jonathan calling. I don’t want this to be an awkward call… but we haven’t actually spoken before… So maybe if I took a brief second to explain why I called, you could decide whether we should continue or not, does that sound fair?

OK I am a ____ Insurances agent here in ______ and we have made some great changes in our area that I feel might benefit you. Now I know that you weren't expecting my call today, so I want to be respectful of your time, Now my intent is not to sell you anything over the phone today because you don’t even know me yet, But Let me ask, what you like best about your current company or agent…
If there was something you could change about your insurance program what would you change?

My approach is a little different. I like to do a full insurance analysis. What that means, is that I’ll show you exactly what you have now. Then I’ll show you if your same coverage was with me, and the money you could save... and finally I also show you how much coverage you could have with the same money you're spending already.

I am providing this at my expense as a way of introducing myself and my services to the community. Either I can help, or I can't. It's simple and the best part is you'll be the judge on whether it would be a benefit to you or not.

Do you know who you currently have your coverage with?
How long have you been with them?
Do you have other coverage’s with them?
Do you know your coverage limits?
Do you know your deductibles?
How many cars are you insuring?
And so I know if I am even in the same ball park what are you currently paying?
Now like I said I want to be respectful of your time so I will get this quote done for you, what is the best time to reach you?

if youre going to cold call, sell something more profitable than car insurance. Call businesses and ask them about an umbrella policy to cover personal assets from lawsuits, and why they dont already have one. Or, slip and fall coverage, or equipment, etc...cold call guys like me, life agents and refer back n forth. thats my opinion. Or see if they qualify for a special discount like safe driving history or limited use, i dont know...trying to help but you definitely got a tough gig

I don't think opening with the "awkward call" intro sounds too appealing.

On the other hand, I like the idea of asking, "Did I catch you at a bad time?" I agree that their natural inclination might me to say, "No" which is actually "yes" to proceed.

Hopefully, you can get their attention and peak their interest by the time they realize that their negative response was actually an invitation for us to continue.

Richard

Back