SEEKING EMPLOYMENT

Olivia Miezan

Hello everybody! I recently obtained my life insurance license in November and I am struggling to find an agency to work with. I’m looking for an agency that will provide me with the proper mentoring and guidance as I begin this journey. I’m steering clear from MLMs because I don’t want to deal with the complexity of trying to leave. I know the insurance business isn’t easy but I am ready and eager to learn the skills that will make me successful. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ❤️

This isn't a job. This is a business decision. Unless you are applying to be an assistant or work in a bank or something, this is a business decision. That's the first step for finding a good fit for what you want to do.

Thank you so much for the video!

Reactions: DHK
This isn't a job. This is a business decision. Unless you are applying to be an assistant or work in a bank or something, this is a business decision. That's the first step for finding a good fit for what you want to do.

I put this on my to do list of what to watch tonight. I am looking forward to it. I am curious to know if the video talks about the same thing I talk about.

I am a recruiter and I can tired of recruiters ruining this industry by selling potential recruits of why they should work for them.

First off I have 16 interview questions and it is to weed out 90% of those that will fail in this industry. I am looking for the 10% who will succeed. I have other recruiters that say you are not recruiting anyone because you aren't convincing enough. You need to convince them why your company is better. My response to them is that I am building a business with a team. I do not want to waste my time with people that are part of the 90% that will fail.

I am part of a company that has great weekly product trainings. These trainings are live, but recorded for those that are working full-time elsewhere to watch later. We got great support and bring in trainers that have a history of success in the industry. My new recruit is assigned a trainer. They do not have to split the commission with the trainer that they close together.

Our CRM is the best I have ever used. All the broker has to do is plug in the potential insured's information into the system and the system goes through all the carriers with all the criteria plugged in and searches for the best carrier for their needs.

So, in a nutshell, I tell people to ask how often trainings are.

Do you receive a trainer and for how long?

What kind of CRM and other software do you have at your disposal, will you be properly trained on the software?

The amount of commission you make is not as important as how much you keep. Many will boast of commissions of more than 100%, but if someone is training you and helping you close deals, both of your names are on that policy and that 100%+ is now spit at most 50/50 sometimes you get less than that. I have seen some get as low as 25% of their sale. Find out what that 100%+ actually means.

For instance some criticize how low our 70% is, but it is never split with the trainer. You end up with the entire amount. Also, the commission Increases with the amount of AUM and caps at 138%. Find out if the commission rate is set or capped at any point and what that point is.

As far as MLM's go, ask them if you leave how long the process is? Get it in writing. We release same day.

This is what makes MLM's bad: if their entire focus in on recruiting and not selling product. To explain it further, you are in a bad MLM if you are paid for recruiting more than selling product. You want the MLM to reward you for selling not recruiting.

It is my opinion that the video may have a slightly different approach than mine but together we might propose different perspectives that will be helpful.

I put this on my to do list of what to watch tonight. I am looking forward to it. I am curious to know if the video talks about the same thing I talk about.

I am a recruiter and I can tired of recruiters ruining this industry by selling potential recruits of why they should work for them.

First off I have 16 interview questions and it is to weed out 90% of those that will fail in this industry. I am looking for the 10% who will succeed. I have other recruiters that say you are not recruiting anyone because you aren't convincing enough. You need to convince them why your company is better. My response to them is that I am building a business with a team. I do not want to waste my time with people that are part of the 90% that will fail.

I am part of a company that has great weekly product trainings. These trainings are live, but recorded for those that are working full-time elsewhere to watch later. We got great support and bring in trainers that have a history of success in the industry. My new recruit is assigned a trainer. They do not have to split the commission with the trainer that they close together.

Our CRM is the best I have ever used. All the broker has to do is plug in the potential insured's information into the system and the system goes through all the carriers with all the criteria plugged in and searches for the best carrier for their needs.

So, in a nutshell, I tell people to ask how often trainings are.

Do you receive a trainer and for how long?

What kind of CRM and other software do you have at your disposal, will you be properly trained on the software?

The amount of commission you make is not as important as how much you keep. Many will boast of commissions of more than 100%, but if someone is training you and helping you close deals, both of your names are on that policy and that 100%+ is now spit at most 50/50 sometimes you get less than that. I have seen some get as low as 25% of their sale. Find out what that 100%+ actually means.

For instance some criticize how low our 70% is, but it is never split with the trainer. You end up with the entire amount. Also, the commission Increases with the amount of AUM and caps at 138%. Find out if the commission rate is set or capped at any point and what that point is.

As far as MLM's go, ask them if you leave how long the process is? Get it in writing. We release same day.

This is what makes MLM's bad: if their entire focus in on recruiting and not selling product. To explain it further, you are in a bad MLM if you are paid for recruiting more than selling product. You want the MLM to reward you for selling not recruiting.

It is my opinion that the video may have a slightly different approach than mine but together we might propose different perspectives that will be helpful.
Thank you so much for this information. I have a few interviews this week and I will definitely utilize these questions.

Back