Wendy Forward

Expert
I live in Pennsylvania, looking to move to Florida or North Carolina. Looking for a top agency I can sell health insurance remotely for (for now) in PA. Does anyone know of a good agency that has a track record of paying well and keeping top talent? Again, I am looking for a top agency selling health insurance in Florida and/or North Carolina.

Thanks everyone!

I live in Pennsylvania, looking to move to Florida or North Carolina. Looking for a top agency I can sell health insurance remotely for (for now) in PA. Does anyone know of a good agency that has a track record of paying well and keeping top talent? Again, I am looking for a top agency selling health insurance in Florida and/or North Carolina.

Thanks everyone!
So you're wanting to be captive, not independent?

Can't you use the same FMO you're using now, when you move to NC or FL?

Well I’m having trouble making money. I can’t seem to be so independent, I need more structure. If you earn a salary + commission and you get a W2, is that considered captive? Thanks for your help!

Yes thats captive . Your looking for a loa position selling Medicare and aca I assume? You’d be on a salary and commission . You don’t own your book of business obviously . Nothing wrong with loa’s . Matter of fact Justin Brock ( very reputable agency ) says he has loa’s making $300 k .They cross sell a ton . I think a ton of agents would do much better as loa’s than independents. Most loa’s get free leads . Join his face book group and reach out to him . It’s Medicare Gurus.

Thanks DonP! I wanted to ask about your acronyms. What does LOA and ACA stand for? I guess I should already know but oh well. I know that I initially asked for Florida, but that’s only because a friend works for a place in Florida that’s an LOA situation and gets salary plus commission paid W-2. But my children live in Raleigh and Charlotte NC and here I am up in PA wasting away! I would love to live near them and heck, if the Florida market is so great I can sell for Florida too. So can Justin Brock still help me with that? In other words, how do I find out what some of the best agencies in North Carolina are? How can I find them? Don-thank you so much for your help I really highly appreciate it. May it be paid forward to you.

Don also, this friend started by selling Medicare, but she says that selling marketplace under 65 insurance is way easier than Medicare because of the open enrollment limitations and others reasons, but I have really only sold Medicare. What do you think? I love selling Medicare because I help older people and disabled people.

One more thing Don (thanks for listening), as you can probably see, I’m not really sure where I want to live. I have lived in Pennsylvania all my life, and so probably my best bet is to work for a company that’s W-2 and has offerings in Pennsylvania and North Carolina and possibly Florida. But if that’s not possible I’ll just stick to North Carolina and Florida for now. But the part about working for an LOA like you said, with salary plus commission and free leads is the best way to go for me. I’m reaching out to Medicare gurus like you said so I can speak with Justin Brock. Thanks. If you are in touch with him please have him email me at: [email protected].

Don also, this friend started by selling Medicare, but she says that selling marketplace under 65 insurance is way easier than Medicare because of the open enrollment limitations and others reasons, but I have really only sold Medicare. What do you think? I love selling Medicare because I help older people and disabled people.

They both have open enrollment limitations. I have a hard time selling ACA and easy time for medicare. Everyone is different.

One more thing Don (thanks for listening), as you can probably see, I’m not really sure where I want to live. I have lived in Pennsylvania all my life, and so probably my best bet is to work for a company that’s W-2 and has offerings in Pennsylvania and North Carolina and possibly Florida. But if that’s not possible I’ll just stick to North Carolina and Florida for now. But the part about working for an LOA like you said, with salary plus commission and free leads is the best way to go for me. I’m reaching out to Medicare gurus like you said so I can speak with Justin Brock. Thanks. If you are in touch with him please have him email me at: [email protected].

Wendy most of these outfits will be virtual . I’d join Medicare gurus and ask if anyone’s local to you and a loa . There’s 9 k members on their . Some of the loa’s you’ll work in the office . I find aca much easier to sell than Medicare but marketing and finding leads for vol harder . Only a small % of people under 65 have aca . Were basically anyone over 65 has Medicare .

Back