Selling FE Over the Phone

Anybody reading this who is really good at sitting and selling on the phone all day should become a stockbroker. Don't sell yourself short!:idea:

Anybody reading this who is really good at sitting and selling on the phone all day should become a stockbroker. Don't sell yourself short!:idea:

That may be the only profession that has a higher turnover rare than selling fe over the phone.

FE Telesales is a different animal. Most will fail. Ive never heard of an indy agent making it. But there are MANY working systems that do well.

That's true. It's working very well for the people running the system. Not so much for the agents doing the work.

There just has to be some independent agents making via telesales. What about those guys Thad and Daviso? They seem to be successful, or is that just smoke and mirrors?

Other than dtownboy, any others on here who are indy telesales agents on this forum doing well?

I realize it's rough, but it just can't be so tough that nobody is doing well at it (outside of huge call centers).

There just has to be some independent agents making via telesales. What about those guys Thad and Daviso? They seem to be successful, or is that just smoke and mirrors?

Other than dtownboy, any others on here who are indy telesales agents on this forum doing well?

I realize it's rough, but it just can't be so tough that nobody is doing well at it (outside of huge call centers).

Thad and Daviso both run call centers the only other telesales agent besides myself that use to post here went by the sn gymguy but he hasn't posted in well over a year now.

That's true. It's working very well for the people running the system. Not so much for the agents doing the work.

That sounds a lot like these IMO's that are making a 20 to 30% override off the agents sales for doing little to nothing. IMO is going to make their cut with no financial investment and profit off the losses of the agents. Most agents in this business have failed or are failing regardless of telesales or f2f. But marketers like you will always push their agenda, that's why people need to do their research and make a decision on what's best for them.

I just hired a failed FEX agent. The point is, most Indy agents will fail, F2F or Telesales. The turn over I see however in structured Telesales is much less than what I see in Indy F2F.

----------

If thats your belief, then it stands true for F2F too. Just like making 30% point overrides because you have a contract. But as a marketer you should know that already.

----------

Thad and Daviso both run call centers the only other telesales agent besides myself that use to post here went by the sn gymguy but he hasn't posted in well over a year now.

But you are not indy from what I understand. You are working captive under an IMO doing telesales.

But you are not indy from what I understand. You are working captive under an IMO doing telesales.

I do work under an imo yes. I also am Indy in that I can CHOOSE which carrier to place my clients with based on what carrier fits their health conditions wether that be a fe product or a fully underwritten. Compared to your in house agents that have to cram a client into a one size fits all product wether they get level or rop. I am captive in the sense that I am only with one IMO though however that is by choice not by requirement.

Last edited:
That sounds a lot like these IMO's that are making a 20 to 30% override off the agents sales for doing little to nothing. IMO is going to make their cut with no financial investment and profit off the losses of the agents. Most agents in this business have failed or are failing regardless of telesales or f2f. But marketers like you will always push their agenda, that's why people need to do their research and make a decision on what's best for them.

Says the coward that's running one of those churn and burn operations.

And just another liar calling me a marketer. Annononmously, of course.

I do agree that agents should check out all the deals available for them.

How about sharing your deal for everyone to see?

----------

I just hired a failed FEX agent. The point is, most Indy agents will fail, F2F or Telesales. The turn over I see however in structured Telesales is much less than what I see in Indy F2F.

----------

If thats your belief, then it stands true for F2F too. Just like making 30% point overrides because you have a contract. But as a marketer you should know that already.

----------

Says the guy who runs a churn and burn operation. Als the guy with a history of thievery.

And now you join in on the lie that I'm a marketer.

You won't get any traction with that.

I don't have a problem with an IMO making money. Why do you have a problem it? I mean, why do you pretend to have a problem with it?

Nor do I care what they make. I care what I make. As long as I, or any agent, can get the highest contract available for a producer then then can make whatever the company will pay them.

You, and your ilk, are not paying the agents what they get away from your sweat shop.

So don't even pretend you are on a level with FEX, 360 or EFES.

----------

Yeah, there is a world away from this forum and there's a few FE telesales agents doing well outside of a call center. But it's very few. And most of the ones doing well are not just selling FE, it's just one product. The really successful independent telesales agents are selling term, med sups and FE.

The ones selling only FE and out on their own are the true unicorns. And the only people that will tell you differently have a vested interest in saying it.

The most vicious of those will attack me for telling the truth. They don't want the truth out there.

Says the coward that's running one of those churn and burn operations.

And just another liar calling me a marketer. Annononmously, of course.

I do agree that agents should check out all the deals available for them.

How about sharing your deal for everyone to see?

----------

Says the guy who runs a churn and burn operation. Als the guy with a history of thievery.

And now you join in on the lie that I'm a marketer.

You won't get any traction with that.

I don't have a problem with an IMO making money. Why do you have a problem it? I mean, why do you pretend to have a problem with it?

Nor do I care what they make. I care what I make. As long as I, or any agent, can get the highest contract available for a producer then then can make whatever the company will pay them.

You, and your ilk, are not paying the agents what they get away from your sweat shop.

So don't even pretend you are on a level with FEX, 360 or EFES.

----------

Yeah, there is a world away from this forum and there's a few FE telesales agents doing well outside of a call center. But it's very few. And most of the ones doing well are not just selling FE, it's just one product. The really successful independent telesales agents are selling term, med sups and FE.

The ones selling only FE and out on their own are the true unicorns. And the only people that will tell you differently have a vested interest in saying it.

The most vicious of those will attack me for telling the truth. They don't want the truth out there.

Did you just call me a vicious unicorn?

UnicornMonster.jpg

Theres a first time for everything I suppose.

----------

I do work under an imo yes. I also am Indy in that I can CHOOSE which carrier to place my clients with based on what carrier fits their health conditions wether that be a few product or a fully underwritten. Compared to your in house agents that have to cram a client into a one size fits all product wether they get level or rop. I am captive I. The since that I am only with one IMO though however that is by choice not by requirement.

I would consider someone indy who contracts with whatever IMO they want writing any carrier they want buying their own leads. I dont think thats you, but I believe you are working a proven system. Thats why youre successful.

I know what IMO your with, although they are not really a telesales IMO, they are a great IMO, and youre lucky to be with them!

Back