Selling Life Insurance Over Phone Or Online

Selling over the phone requires phone sales skills. It's doable, but you have to be personable, and clear. I have heard people whine and complain about failing at it before, yet why can I thrive doing it? I have been selling things over the phone for 15 years. I had to LEARN to be good at it. Made 1000 mistakes.

You do have to have a good lead budget, I agree. I have made a killing off $1 aged leads before, but generally, I close 1 out of 50-100 of those, depending on how good the source is. Some people can't accept the idea of losing $99 before you make a sale. I can, it's a numbers game. Buying leads is a business.

My average AP off aged leads tends to be in the $700 range. Commissionable premium on those tends to be around 114%, of which I get paid 70% from my agency. So my commission is $558. So every dollar I spend, I get back $5.58 in return, on average. That's the way you need to look at it.

I buy generally $500 worth of leads per week, which will earn me $2,790 per week. It doesn't all work out like that exactly, because some of the leads will take 1-6 months to close, but eventually, it always works out like that. Been doing it for years.

Someone before me mentioned a $5 to 1 ratio. Works out EXACTLY that way for me. Mine is $5.58 to 1 on aged internet leads.

I was in a negative ratio for premium internet leads and telemarketing leads. Those are the biggest scam known to man. 27 people calling the same lead.

Thanks marcustbrody, I'm going with fidelity life (email signature) and assurant (phone interview ). Any advice?

----------

Wow!! I just read the new TCPA law!! . Any loop wholes??

Back