Selling Life Insurance Over Phone Or Online

Selling over the phone requires phone sales skills. It's doable, but you have to be personable, and clear. I have heard people whine and complain about failing at it before, yet why can I thrive doing it? I have been selling things over the phone for 15 years. I had to LEARN to be good at it. Made 1000 mistakes.

You do have to have a good lead budget, I agree. I have made a killing off $1 aged leads before, but generally, I close 1 out of 50-100 of those, depending on how good the source is. Some people can't accept the idea of losing $99 before you make a sale. I can, it's a numbers game. Buying leads is a business.

My average AP off aged leads tends to be in the $700 range. Commissionable premium on those tends to be around 114%, of which I get paid 70% from my agency. So my commission is $558. So every dollar I spend, I get back $5.58 in return, on average. That's the way you need to look at it.

I buy generally $500 worth of leads per week, which will earn me $2,790 per week. It doesn't all work out like that exactly, because some of the leads will take 1-6 months to close, but eventually, it always works out like that. Been doing it for years.

Someone before me mentioned a $5 to 1 ratio. Works out EXACTLY that way for me. Mine is $5.58 to 1 on aged internet leads.

I was in a negative ratio for premium internet leads and telemarketing leads. Those are the biggest scam known to man. 27 people calling the same lead.

Any recommendations for reliable aged lead sources? I have tried many and some of these lists are pure garbage. I expect some disconnects and bounced emails, but some lists I have purchased are 50-75% bad. I wouldn't mind buying some aged leads for my area if I had a good source.

Any recommendations for reliable aged lead sources? I have tried many and some of these lists are pure garbage. I expect some disconnects and bounced emails, but some lists I have purchased are 50-75% bad. I wouldn't mind buying some aged leads for my area if I had a good source.

Because of this very issue you mention with bogus leads in the internet insurance leads industry we are now cleaning our aged insurance leads before we sell them to a client by running them through a service that identifies invalid phone numbers, email addresses, etc.

Even if an agent is not sending emails to prospects, there is value in us checking the email to make sure it is a real working email address and eliminating the lead if it is. The reason is because many of those leads with a bogus email address would most likely have been a bad lead entirely, so we are better off giving our clients a lead that has checked out as having a valid phone and valid email address. This will not eliminate every bogus leads in a list but it cuts down on the amount of bad leads an agent would receive significantly because no one wants to call through a list like you mentioned where half the leads are bogus.

Before the leads are cleaned in this way they have also been pre-filtered to:

Remove duplicates
Remove leads with non existent area codes or zip codes
Remove leads with phone numbers with less than 10 digits
Remove leads with profanity, etc.

Also so an agent can be in TCPA compliance we indicate whether each phone number is a landline or cell phone, so they can call landlines with a predictive dialer if they wish and hand dial the cell phones or a client can request landlines only but there is no reason to do this if a person is hand dialing all their leads.

For any bad leads an agent still finds in the list for disconnects (since those would have just been cleaned from the list, the only disconnects would be ones that were disconnected in days after the list was sent), wrong numbers (no one lives there by the name on the list) or any person who says that they never requested a quote, we will provide replacements for those leads if the agent sends back the list indicating which of the leads were bad.

On top of that, in most cases We Can Beat Any Competitor's Prices On Aged Insurance Leads on both small and large orders. If you find a lower price, before you buy anywhere else, check with us first to see if we can match or beat the price, so you can get all the advantages listed above and the best price.

Last edited:
I'm making a good living selling exclusively over the phone, working leads I generate from my own website. If you can do that, those will be your best converters because it's your site and you wrote the content. Just be careful about taking leads out of state because the non-res license fees really add up.

Can you tell me what companies are good to use to sale using telesales

Selling insurance leads on phone is a good idea but i think the live meeting about insurance is more fruitful than phone conversation.

Unfortunately the hard part for me, is meet with valuable prospect face to face. So ready to go with Fidelity on the phone .. I will Update results later!!. May be I can get some Visists as we'll

Back