Seminar worth it?

Lol 1.5% response rate in metro Orlando with direct mail? Maybe 5 years ago

I didn’t do seminars 5 years ago. At first I would get 3-4 show up for each seminar. Then I focused on my 2 best locations. I do two dates at one (I’ll get 15 to show at one) and one date at another.

I have no reason to lie. I do monthly webinars too and I get around 20-30 show there. I used to get 50 during Covid.

I haven't done seminars in a while, so maybe someone can help me remember, but isn't providing a meal uncompliant?

Pretty sure you can't provide anything more than "light snacks".

That being said, I have done hundreds of seminars over the years, and never provided anything more than a bottle of water for the customers.

Most of them were shocked when I actually started talking about Medicare. I've literally had people say midway through the presentation "wait, you don't want to talk to us about our 401k's?"

You will get a higher response with providing food, but you will also get more plate lickers. Provide value, sell yourself not the product, and close some deals!

thank you for this it made me feel a little better about doing a seminar. About the meals we were told meals are ok as long as its $15 or under.

You don’t need to do food. I do libraries. I spend $1k a month and get about 30 to show up each month.
Design a mailer. Contact your local libraries. I do 3 dates a month and mail around 2k people.

How do you know who to mail to and what their address is? If you send out 2000 mailers, where do their contact info come from? That part I dont understand. Do they RSVP or just show up?

How do you know who to mail to and what their address is? If you send out 2000 mailers, where do their contact info come from? That part I dont understand. Do they RSVP or just show up?

You can use this site for lists, and can expect a bounce rate of between 5-10% is normal
https://yourliststore.com/

I personally set up a google phone number for people to RSVP, it would capture their phone number, and they would leave their name and how many people they were bringing with them.
Most people RSVP, but you can expect the occasional person to just "pop in" that didn't RSVP

thank you for this it made me feel a little better about doing a seminar. About the meals we were told meals are ok as long as its $15 or under.
again, its been a while for me since I did seminars, but I'm fairly certain "meals" are uncompliant, I would double check that if I were you. But I could be wrong, I'm going by memory here.

But that being said, I never gave attendees anything more than a bottle of water, and it sounds like Chaz does the same thing.
The people are hungry for information, not food.

You can use this site for lists, and can expect a bounce rate of between 5-10% is normal
https://yourliststore.com/

I personally set up a google phone number for people to RSVP, it would capture their phone number, and they would leave their name and how many people they were bringing with them.
Most people RSVP, but you can expect the occasional person to just "pop in" that didn't RSVP

Sorry what do you mean by bounce rate? As in getting back in return? That’s a good idea about the rsvp line Appreciate the help axeman

I use a local mail house and they have the list and send it out. They can call me to rsvp or register on our site www.flmedicare101.org/cm

You can offer meals because it’s educational. I don’t give them anything but a folder with a fact sheet, biz card, and a notes page inside. And a pen with my contact info.

I contacted a local mail company today, they said about $1 per mail sent. Does that sound about right? How many do you typically send out If I may ask?

Also, do you have a recommendation on where to get a flyer? This mail company charges $500 for designing a flyer, not sure if thats the going rate but it seems a little high to me..

Sorry what do you mean by bounce rate? As in getting back in return? That’s a good idea about the rsvp line Appreciate the help axeman
bounce rate is mail pieces that come back because its undeliverable for various reasons ie: wrong address, no mailing receptacle, postcard destroyed (this one is always comical) etc..

I contacted a local mail company today, they said about $1 per mail sent. Does that sound about right? How many do you typically send out If I may ask?

Also, do you have a recommendation on where to get a flyer? This mail company charges $500 for designing a flyer, not sure if thats the going rate but it seems a little high to me..

That’s way too much. I pay $0.56 per piece.
8.5 X 11 cover - 80# gloss cover, white with front and back. I spend about $1100 month for 2k pieces.
I use MBI in DeLand FL.

Back