Senate Okays Repeal of 1099 Provision

I thought Obama was the messiah on high? Why isn't he leading on anything?

Because the only people who believe he is some kind of Messiah are Republicans who would not follow any leadership he attempted.

You'd be hard pressed to find any Democrat who has had such fanciful views of him and you'd find even fewer who do now.

I fail to see how health care law with an individual mandate is bad for agents. If anything, it's good for health agents; now (like auto agents) people will be more likely to come to you, because they will have to.

When your state made auto insurance mandatory did rates triple?

That is what is going to happen under Obamacrap. Not because of the mandate, but because of all the other requirements of coverage.

Even if agents are compensated at the current reduced level (about half what it was last year) if no one can afford coverage it means nothing.

Mass. has an individual mandate and agents are barred from receiving any compensation for individual products yet 94% to 97% of the entire state has insurance.

Turns out they don't need agents. Apparently people can make their way through "bronze, silver and gold."

Last edited:
Med sups are as easy as gold, silver, and platinum and people still can't figure them out. John, I hope what you have implied is wrong - but you could be right!

If people can't afford to buy health insurance, it won't matter.

All they have to do to replace the new law is make another new law several thousand pages long and tell everyone they can read it after they pass the law.

Pull a Nancy Pelosi on their butts and just tell them they have to pass it to know what's in it. Problem solved. :biggrin:

The national risk pool is exposing the truth...or actually the lies told by the left.

The lie is simple; that if coverage is GI it'll be a stampede. Yet in some states as few as 10 people have signed up for the risk pool.

They lowered the rates and still nodda. Because the truth is although a very small percentage of people are "screwed" when it comes to an inability to obtain insurance, 98% of people without coverage don't want to pay for it.

For these people, the only system that works for them is sitting out until they get sick. Beyond that, the gov't can enact whatever it wants to enact and the people who are uninsured will continue to choose to be uninsured.

In some states the percentage of uninsured drivers is 25%. It's not because they can't afford it. It's because other things, like beer and cigarettes, come first.

When your state made auto insurance mandatory did rates triple?

I honestly have no idea. It didn't occur in my lifetime, and probably not yours either.

For these people, the only system that works for them is sitting out until they get sick. Beyond that, the gov't can enact whatever it wants to enact and the people who are uninsured will continue to choose to be uninsured.

In some states the percentage of uninsured drivers is 25%. It's not because they can't afford it. It's because other things, like beer and cigarettes, come first.

The handful of the people that are "screwed" for health reasons are the ones often offered as sob stories by liberals. But as you said, the ones who are merely irresponsible are the majority of the uninsured. Which is, incidentally, why imposing penalties on them for failing to purchase insurance is necessary.

If failing to provide evidence of current health insurance resulted in a $100,000 income tax surcharge, I doubt there would be many uninsured people. There'd be a lot of griping by people who don't want to buy insurance, but they'd have it unless they are so well off that they can afford to pay the penalty and so stupid that they would pay the penalty just to spite public policy even when they suffer a significant capital loss in the process. (I'm not seriously proposing anything like this, just illustrating a point.)

Back