Sentinel Security Life no more Telephone interviews

bmarsh

Super Genius
Ocala, FL
With this goal in mind, we are excited to announce that effective June 19, 2020, Sentinel will eliminate the requirement of Phone Health Interviews “PHI’s” (conducted through Apptical) for Final Expense applications. While the PHI will no longer be required, agents selling remotely with our E-App will still be able to complete the signature process via phone by calling 877-888-0352. After the E-App is submitted, you (the agent) will receive an e-mail that contains the underwriting decision, or you can check the Agent Portal.

Please note the following:
  • The decision to eliminate Apptical PHI’s was made in order to provide a more efficient process for Sentinel’s Final Expense applications. Sentinel’s hope is that this procedural change will enhance the overall customer service experience and help agents to better serve their clients.
  • As a result of this change, effective June 19, 2020, there will be a 1% renewal commission reduction (for Years 2+) for all New Vantage plans at each commission level.
  • Updated marketing materials and commission schedules reflecting these changes will be circulated to you from your upline at a later date (prior to June 19th).
  • Underwriter review at point of sale and outgoing calls from the Underwriting team will still occur as needed to gather information needed to make an underwriting decision.

Summary of Changes effective June 19, 2020:
  • Apptical PHI’s will be eliminated from the Final Expense Application process.
  • There will be a 1% renewal commission reduction (for Years 2+) for all New Vantage plans at each commission level.

The e-app is still not Instant decision 100% of the time, and you don’t get a decision for up to 20 minutes. Niche only player.

Sounds like they are losing $$$. So they are reducing your renewals by one basis point for years 3 and beyond saying this reduction of renewals is caused by eliminating their PHI.
Am I missing something?

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Baseball7, post: 1353247, member: 69199"]All these companies are losing money right now except senior life right?[/QUOTE]

I doubt all these companies are losing $$$. Why are you trying to pick a fight? How else can you explain Sentinel's decision? I did ask "Am I missing something"? Yet you don't mention what I missed. You just issue a snide comment. That's why this forum has lost a lot of talented individuals who almost never post up here sharing ideas anymore.

As for Sr Life, all I can say is they are experiencing double digit growth each month over that same month 12 months earlier. I'm not a rocket scientist, but that sounds like they might be making $$$.

Last edited:
They are still calling from home office on any cases not auto approved. A company with so much potential but clueless on how FE works.

[QUOTE="Baseball7, post: 1353247, member: 69199"]All these companies are losing money right now except senior life right?

I doubt all these companies are losing $$$. Why are you trying to pick a fight? How else can you explain Sentinel's decision? I did ask "Am I missing something"? Yet you don't mention what I missed. You just issue a snide comment. That's why this forum has lost a lot of talented individuals who almost never post up here sharing ideas anymore.

As for Sr Life, all I can say is they are experiencing double digit growth each month over that same month 12 months earlier. I'm not a rocket scientist, but that sounds like they might be making $$$.[/QUOTE]

Greg, you're the one that is always looking to pick a fight. Each time you see something about a change or something that another company is doing....along comes Greg to tell us why we should all have SL, because no one does it better than them and in the end, they'll be the only FE company left. You do this all the time. And then, just like now, you try and twist it around like you're the innocent one.

You're like a vulture who just sits back and waits for something negative about a company so you can pounce and promote SL.

And yes, we all see it. You are not hiding anything. I know you'll come back and say you're not trying to hide anything, but the fact is, you try to be sneaky about it...Not a good look!

Maybe they are anticipating a slight uptick in claims due to not having apptical involved?

That sounded sensible when I first read it. But consider this: if natural death occurs in first 2 years (the years with the reduction in renewals) they would just return premiums if a policy was written with immediate coverage when it should have been written MDB or GI, just like they would do if they were using apptical and something fell thru the cracks.

They would be no loss of $$$ by the carrier if there was an uptick in claims during these 1st 2 years and they were now able to shave 1 basis point off the renewals for the 1st 2 years.

I guess the uptick in claims after the 2 year contestability period is their concern? Doesn't matter to me as it doesn't affect my paycheck. Just remember, whenever a company makes changes it's to increase profitability, not to really streamline anything for agents. Can't blame them or anyone else, as they answer to their share holders more than their agents.

Latest posts

Back