SEO for Insurance Websites

It's strange how much Google's Algorithm has affected our site. We used to be number 1 for our keywords. Something to think about because it is an every evolving and changing algorithm indeed!

I also seen this kinds of problem with my website. one of my keyword used to be number 6 but now its on 8th page :(

you said wordpress can allow you to have a blog on a redirect, logically it would be better to use an integrated blog into the site for this, which is free and actually pretty easy to set up

here is something strange...I use firefox....right now my site is on page 1 position 10 for "Texas Heath Insurance".....BUT if you search that keyword with Internet Explorer I am page 1 position 1 ....so it seems your browser can effect positioning....

I also seen this kinds of problem with my website. one of my keyword used to be number 6 but now its on 8th page :(

here is something strange...I use firefox....right now my site is on page 1 position 10 for "Texas Heath Insurance".....BUT if you search that keyword with Internet Explorer I am page 1 position 1 ....so it seems your browser can effect positioning....

Not so much the browser, firefox by default uses a different google starting page and trys to personalize your searchs which seems to make the pages show up differently based on what sites you've viewed.

By the way, the fundamentals of Google's system have not changed. If you had a great ranking and lost it, its likely because of competition and a lack of global link authority in your site. SEO really breaks down to a few simple concepts that are executed in complex ways.

If you have a Google account/gmail account, it most likely is because Google is tracking your Web History. Disable the web history tracking in the settings and you should get accurate ranking.

That is true and already know this....and have ran it on two IE on laptop and desktop and come up with different positions....google must be dancing.....just cleaned my history and cookies and now shows my true placement ...page1 #10......

If you have a Google account/gmail account, it most likely is because Google is tracking your Web History. Disable the web history tracking in the settings and you should get accurate ranking.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake I see people making in SEO is that they don't know how to properly select a keyword. They try to rank for "auto insurance" which is #1 going to be extremely difficult AND they wouldn't want to rank for it anyway. 99% of agents only want to rank for their city/county, or State. So they should pick that keyword "Arizona Auto Insurance" or "Tuscon Insurance". Also go over to the Google keyword tool and make sure that they keyword you are selecting actually gets search volume (exact search). Hope that helps.

RE: no follow links

Rel nofollow - What does this mean?

That is when the search engine looks at the links to see which ones you have "voted" for by putting them on your page. When the search engine spider sees "nofollow" on the link, it:

not follow the link to the new site
not count the link towards it's popularity score in their ranking engine
not include the link text in the relevancy score for those keywords

Is this true? And if it's true why do we put our url's in our signature?

The biggest mistake I see people making in SEO is that they don't know how to properly select a keyword. They try to rank for "auto insurance" which is #1 going to be extremely difficult AND they wouldn't want to rank for it anyway. 99% of agents only want to rank for their city/county, or State. So they should pick that keyword "Arizona Auto Insurance" or "Tuscon Insurance". Also go over to the Google keyword tool and make sure that they keyword you are selecting actually gets search volume (exact search). Hope that helps.

big problem son, the google traffic estimator is bogus, it gives results that are way off. SEMRUSH.com is a much more accurate way
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RE: no follow links

Rel nofollow - What does this mean?

That is when the search engine looks at the links to see which ones you have "voted" for by putting them on your page. When the search engine spider sees "nofollow" on the link, it:

not follow the link to the new site
not count the link towards it's popularity score in their ranking engine
not include the link text in the relevancy score for those keywords

Is this true? And if it's true why do we put our url's in our signature?

debatable, most studies show NOFOLLOW still counts just not as much. I have depending on when its checked almost 1000 nofollow links but they still count, just not as much as my DOFOLLOW.

Last edited:
Back