Sept 23rd Mandates. Confusion with Carriers ?

Re: Sept 23rd Mandates...confusion with Carriers??

Again, can anyone cite any regulatory power if the carriers don't comply? Typically the states manage the carriers, not the federal government.

I have yet to read how any of this is enforceable.

Again, can anyone cite any regulatory power if the carriers don't comply? Typically the states manage the carriers, not the federal government.

I have yet to read how any of this is enforceable.

He forces all the company execs to have a beer with him in the Rose Garden if they don't comply.

There are some carriers that are not changing their plan structures until 1/1/11 as they are only forced to do this on the portfolio's renewal. It could be they will do the same, and we have not gotten any updated info from them yet regarding benefits.

But the plans they have presently have to be compliant for anyone effective 9/23.:D

6 days left and still 0 for 6:

1) Will I receive full compensation for a family case where the child has to go GI?

2) What is the max rate up for a family case if the child has to go GI?

I don't see any of those answers coming within the next 6 days.

These are the same questions I had this week and got nothing but the runaround from the ins companies, simply because they don't know. HHS sets these timeline dates for rollout but doesn't communicate with the companies. From what I gather, all companies are giving Obama & Selebius the middle finger until the MLR is set or until they are forced to provide these 9/23 mandates, maybe 1/1/11.

How odd would it be if ALL the companies got together and decided to thumb their noses at reform? Maybe have a "reform strike" or something. What could the government actually do? If the ins companies shut down for a week, then what would the government say? Ok ok, we give?

The time to buck against the system was a year ago. Instead, the carriers caved and here we are.

Shebullshits should know the feds have no regulatory authority over carriers but either she is an incompetent *** or just another lying politician.

Under the present laws, the feds can't force anything. Carriers are now playing chicken over the kiddie coverage and other things to see who blinks first.

This is all playing out with about 7 weeks to election time which makes Obama and company look incompetent to even folks like Joe Lunchpail.

The media is even getting in their shots over this. Honeymoon is over. Not predicting a Republican landslide but I believe they will take enough seats to do some damage to Obamacrap.

Overheard some guys at a BX meeting today say there are some Dim's that want to join with Repubs and repeal Obamacrap. Don't know if there is any truth to that or not, but this thing is not etched in stone yet.

Does anyone out there know how some carriers are implementing these new 9/23 mandates, and others are not?
How in the hell do I write families? What the hell do I say to these clients..."I cannot sell you Blue Cross, and UHC has no idea what they are doing."

One of the primary carriers at our brokerage is Standard Security Life, which is sold/administered via Insurer's Administrative Corporation (www.iacusa.com).

The 5 SSL individual/family plans that we sell are part of an "Association Owned Group Trust". The policies that are effective between 9/23/2010 and 12/31/2010 will gain all the mandates effective on January 1, 2011. That is when the Group Trust renews. Naturally, all plans effective January 1, 2011 will adhere to the mandates immediately.

I understand that policies registered as part of a Group Trust do not have to adhere to the 9/23 mandates until Janaury 2011, when the group renews, but I don't know why the mandated benefits for this Group Trust will be retroactive on every policy date back to 9/23/10. But that's OK, because this retroactivity has kept me from being forced to place business with less desirable companies.
-AC

Norvax & Quotit will have gaps as plans are updated over the next few days . . . and then will have gaps again as the DOI get's around to approving more new plans & rates.

BCBSGA only has 2 plans available for 9/23 and later and neither are on the quote engines yet. Target for going online (Blue's site) is 9/20 and Norvax/Quotit should follow.

Still glitches in child only plans. Quotit is showing Celtic and Coventry as available 10/1 for child only.

Not so.

Out of all the carriers I have here in Illinois. Celtic is the only 1 showing and covering the mandates in their plans. Humana put the wellness portion in. The rest have not changed anything. Although I can write a family with BcBs Illinois. (or any other carrier). This is only going to get worse as time goes. Dan

What I would like to see is when these Ins Execs are called before Congress for a hearing, and I am sure that if the Dims can make hay with the carriers before the election they will definatly try....But getting back to the carriers, I want to see a witness for once instead of waxing on as to how honered and priviledged too be there and instead tell the truth that Congress is full of a bunch of idiots and that as they see it the Insurance companies are bound by state law for their plans.

Back