Sept 23rd Mandates. Confusion with Carriers ?

Here in CA the only carrier I can really quote right now is Blue Shield, and they're only offering the holdover plans that will change in 1/1/11 with no idea of what the potential cost impacts will be.

The feds really fucked this one up by leaving the mandates so vague.

Re: Sept 23rd Mandates...confusion with Carriers??

How odd would it be if ALL the companies got together and decided to thumb their noses at reform? Maybe have a "reform strike" or something. What could the government actually do? If the ins companies shut down for a week, then what would the government say? Ok ok, we give?

See, this is EXACTLY what I think the insurers should do. Stand up in unison and extended their middle fingers to Washington.

**** YOU!
We quit.

If only they had the balls.....
:)

See, this is EXACTLY what I think the insurers should do. Stand up in unison and extended their middle fingers to Washington.

**** YOU!
We quit.

Washington's response: "public option"

**** YOU!
We quit.

I'm with you....When they get called before Congress to testify instead of using the opening remarks to say a load of crap about how they are happy to be there etc use it to say you people F****ed up this piece of legislation, its too F***'en vague and we aren't going to take it.

AETNA just sent out an e-mail stating that the 9/23/10 mandates will be effective for all policies effective between March 23rd and September 23rd, on January 1, 2011.

CIGNA is reportedly going to make the 9/23/10 mandates effective across their entire book of business, even the pre-March 23rd "grandfathered" plans, on January 1, 2011. (According to a prior post in this forum)

I wonder what Blue Cross, Humana and the others will do with their pre-Sept 23rd customers on 1/1/2011?

-AC

Back