Serial Mailers - F2F FE Agents using DM

PaulieD

Super Genius
If you are on a steady diet of DM leads, how many of your total amount are you getting that re-mail continuously even after being seen and asked not to?
10%, 20%??

Do any of you use the DMOptOut (it's on RGI leads, don't know about others) to cut down on these serial mailers say after X amount of visits?

It's sickening to keep paying 30.00 for leads that just keep on mailing...

I've been using DMOptout for about 2 weeks in hopes of removing some of this "deadwood". They say it takes up to 8 weeks to get them "off the list"

How about people who mail in a card but do not live at the address on the card? When you door knock it,the person who answers the door,usually a family member, tells you "they don't live here but they get their mail here ".They are reluctant to tell you where they live or they tell you they live way out of town. They think you're a bill collector or the law.

Isn't that great ?

Recently I have gotten a few cards only to discover the house to be abandoned.One of them did not even have a mailbox on the street or house. These are also fun cards to drive way out to,and door knock.

No different than serial Facebook responders that give P.O. boxes and never answer the phone . I’m interested to know how many duplicate Facebook leads agents are getting that have been getting Facebook leads for 3-5 months weekly ?

The best solution is to go out and sell enough so that the cost of a $20 or $30 "bad lead" doesn't bother you.

I had a lead today that I drove out to door knock. Turned out the address was for the County Bar Association lol. Trashed the lead.

Had another that was a PO Box and couldn't find any address listed for her in The Google. Trashed the lead.

Had one yesterday with an obvious phony phone number (900-000-0000) AND when I drove to the address, it was non-existent as well. Well, it existed. It was a corn field. Trashed the lead.

Whether DM or FB I have yet to get a "perfect" batch of leads. The only time I have had a batch of leads where every one had the correct address and phone number with no PO Boxes and no phony addresses was when I ordered telemarketed leads, of all things.

I have no plan to ask for a lead credit or replacement. None needed, none expected. It just isn't a big deal to me. It does not bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I am grateful for the opportunity to buy leads. I'm grateful to be able to do what I am doing and to make a decent living doing it. After what I went through last spring, brother, I'm grateful, and very thankful to be alive.

I'll be ordering more leads as I get low in inventory again with no qualms nor hesitation, and I expect that one or two of every 20 or 30 will have a PO Box and no traceable address or a wrong address.

I do not expect perfection of any lead order so long as I get a generally and consistently high quality.

I am at a point where I am pretty confident that if I have your average order of 20 leads with the good, the bad, and the ugly - DM, FB, or 360 TM leads - I will be able to write at least $3-$4K in premium on that order. It may take me two weeks, or it may only take two days, but I will write $3K minimum off any 20 leads, imo.

I've written over $4K this week so far.

Life is good.

EDIT: calendarleads.com ... I've been very pleased with them. But I door knock only and I do not pay any attention to the expiration date. I just keep the lead in my rotation until I see the whites of their eyes.

Last edited:
The best solution is to go out and sell enough so that the cost of a $20 or $30 "bad lead" doesn't bother you.

I had a lead today that I drove out to door knock. Turned out the address was for the County Bar Association lol.

Had another that was a PO Box and couldn't find any address listed for her in The Google. Trashed the lead.

Had one yesterday with an obvious phony phone number (900-000-0000) AND when I drove to the address, it was non-existent as well. Well, it existed. It was a corn field.

Whether DM or FB I have yet to get a "perfect" batch of leads. The only time I have had a batch of leads where every one had the correct address and phone number with no PO Boxes and no phony addresses was when I ordered telemarketed leads, of all things.

I have no plan to ask for a lead credit or replacement. None needed, none expected. It just isn't a big deal to me. It does not bother me at all. As a matter of fact, I am grateful for the opportunity to buy leads. I'm grateful to be able to do what I am doing and to make a decent living doing it. After what I went through last spring, brother, I'm grateful, and very thankful to be alive.

I'll be ordering more leads as I get low in inventory again with no qualms nor hesitation, and I expect that one or two of every 20 or 30 will have a PO Box and no traceable address or a wrong address.

I do not expect perfection of any lead order so long as I get a generally and consistently high quality.

I am at a point where I am pretty confident that if I have your average order of 20 leads with the good, the bad, and the ugly - DM, FB, or 360 TM leads - I will be able to write at least $3-$4K in premium on that order. It may take me two weeks, or it may only take two days, but I will write $3K minimum off any 20 leads, imo.

I've written over $4K this week so far.

Life is good.

EDIT: calendarleads.com ... I've been very pleased with them. But I door knock only and I do not pay any attention to the expiration date. I just keep the lead in my rotation until I see the whites of their eyes.

On the RGI leads some of those are creditable. No reason not to get those replaced. I’m all for not being a nuisance but they expect to replace the bad leads.

I get all leads replaced that do NOT match the parameters I paid good money for.
I want what I paid for.
My IMO replaces them with no questions asked.

I mail per thousand on my own and door knock all the cards.
I’m getting 1.5+ returns.
No complaints other than the time wasters.

How about the ones that mail back the card not filled out but stock their return address label on the backside of the card ?

Serial mailers ?

Are you truly independent if you’re buying your cards from your upline ?

I am independent and many IMO’s provide leads to their agents. They are directly from RGI and provided to me by my IMO along with all billing etc. It worked the same exact way when I was at EFES also
It’s not necessary to “do it on your own”” as far as leads go to be independent.
The idea is to get a steady supply of DM leads weekly.
Doing it “yourself” is your “choice” but certainly not necessary and in many cases is less reliable.

Last edited:
I’m not sure what the percentage is of my leads that do this, but honestly, I like that we deal with this. Threads like this scare half-in, half-out agents and the grinders in the industry reap the benefit. If I had to guess I would say less than 5%, but often there is still “meat on the bone” as some would say on these leads.

As an independent agent, you should have enough tools in your bag to help most people with something. Just gotta get in front of them.

Agents can either assume the worst and call the leads “bad”, or agents can take those same leads and deal with the SAME people and make money. It’s all about mindset: if this were easy, everyone would do it.

I have many examples of agents blaming their leads and quitting the business, only to find someone else works that exact same area very well. In fact, that agent that quit, I’d love to talk to them and see if I can buy their leads. Again, mindset.

You can choose to agonize over each lead, or look at the entire batch as a gold mine. You may find some fools gold (want to think about it, can’t afford it, don’t give out banking info, thought this was something for free, etc) , but there is indeed the real thing in there. What are you willing to do to get to those selling conversations?

Spend $1000 to make $4000? Any place any time. It may not always be easy, but I know that if a lead is a time waster, I’m just closer to the next “yes”.

Back