Serial Mailers - F2F FE Agents using DM

I am not "blaming the leads", for Gods sake.

It's a simple questions that I am sorry I asked about, no more sermons please.
I do just fine. I am not "half in", I am all in !

All questions here turn into someone or another talking about how great they are and not answering the question.
Please no more 14 paragraph sermons about one's greatness.

Last edited:
All questions here turn into someone or another talking about how great they are and not answering the question.

A day or so ago @DHK made a post somewhere to the affect that if you want better answers then ask better questions. I guess when I read your post the part the struck me most was this:

It's sickening to keep paying 30.00 for leads that just keep on mailing...

So my response was based on the first sentence in my post: If this is bothering you so much, simply write enough business so that it doesn't bother you. The way you worded your post you opened the discussion wide pen for all manner of responses, to be fair. I didn't write about how great I was, but I did write about some thoughts I had about mindset. Your original post seemed to me to be a mindset problem, not a lead problem. I may have misinterpreted your post. Then again, maybe I didn't.

Ok, so you did ask this question:

If you are on a steady diet of DM leads, how many of your total amount are you getting that re-mail continuously even after being seen and asked not to? 10%, 20%??

Not for nothing, but had you left it at that, you likely would have gotten the answers you were looking for.

So I did not answer that question but I will now: I have nearly 2000 DM Leads up to three years old. More than half are leads I had mailed for myself, both through IMO programs and doing 1000 piece drops, and about 40% I purchased from agents failing out of the business.

Out of the total leads, fewer than 2% are repeats. These leads have been well sorted and organized. That percentage includes a few where the person responded from one address, and subsequently moved and responded from another address. Of that 2%, several had sent the card back 3 or more times. So the "serial responders" are a very small subset.

Are you tracking your repeat responders? How sure are you that you are getting 10-20% repeats? That would mean out of 20 leads, you have 1-2 cards on average from someone who had sent it back before. If so, then perhaps you need to increase your area to include more data.

I have one woman from whom I got back four cards at about the same time last year. First, she sent back a card that she had received from when I was with EFES. She also returned a card from a 1000 piece mail drop I had done to bridge the gap between my mail order ending with EFES and starting with 360. I then got two cards back from her from my 360 mailing - one she had received at her current address, and another she had received at her daughter's address. I met with her and sold her a Trans policy.

I know she has been on my mailing list at least twice since I sold her, and I haven't gotten a card back since that first bunch last year. That indicates to me that when these folks send this card back, no matter what they say to us at the door, they were interested in burial insurance when they filled out that card and mailed it back.

Had a lady a few weeks back, after about 15 minutes could tell she was a serial mailer...

Her son recently passed and she still seemed on the fence. I shot straight and she bobbed this way then that way... I took the DM card, turned to her and said, "Now Mildred, you know you need coverage. Your son recently passed away and your health is failing, but your telling me you still need time to think?"

I took the card, and said, "Mildred, I don't think you are a serious prospect." Then I lifted up the card and tore it in to. The look on her face was amazement. She said, "None of the 'other' people ever did that."

Didn't make the sale... but saved my brain.:yes:

I'm a nice guy but I don't liked being played. :no:

I've dropped mail for years and I've had leads from my imo. Getting people that fill out a card 3-4 times a year is the nature of the beast in this business.

haha quoted for truth.

Back