Series License

I just got back in the insurance biz. Aced my state test. Wondering should I sign up for my series license. My question is what are the benefits of getting a series license? I know I can't sell variable annuities without a series license. Are variable annuities pay more commission than regular annuities? Also when I was in the business years ago I never bothered with annuities, so what is the commission like? A friend of mine said I am missing out. I would like another opinion. Thanks! What type of series license should I get? 7&66?
NO. You do not need a "Series." license unless you decide to sell variable annuities. Then you get a Series 6, not a 66. A series 7 is for a stockbroker. If a person has a series 7 then you can sell stocks & mutual funds(variable annuities). I have never liked variable annuities so I never got my Series 6. I only use Fixed & Index Annuities.

I hold a Series 7 and Series 66. If I had it all to do over again I would just get the 65.

What is your current market ?
Why would you get a 65? Did you want to be an investment adivsor? Were you going to recommend stocks also? I had never heard of a 66. I just saw that it began after I quit being a stockbroker.

Back