Settlers Announcement Postcard

With most companies you get a decision on the call. You don't have to do a voice sig to get a decision.

----------

You may not have filled out an app but you had to get the info. So you didn't write it down? Just commit it to memory and recite it over the phone?

How much problem do you guys have with incorrect applications?

If you write the same most of the time don't you know what needs to be filled out and what doesn't?

The only times I haven't filled out the app before I did the PHI with Voice Signature is when I filled out the info with another company and they were a decline on the PHI, so I just pivoted to another company while in the home.

Another time I was moving a current Med Supp client to another company who does a Voice Signature. I still filled out the new app before I went(I like to have a signed paper app for my records). That was the only appointment I was doing that day, and since it was cut and and dried I only took what I needed. I was pleasantly surprized when her sister showed up and she said she wanted to take it out with that Christian company too(LCBA). She heard me ask her sister the health questions and she qualified. In Illinois we still have to have a signed replacement form and a comparison checklist on Voice Signatures. I just had her sign her sister's copies and made copies for both when I got home.

Normally I have supplies for all the companies in the car, but I was redoing them and had them in the house. If I couldn't have done a Voice Signature app, I would've had to come back later with a paper app.

The only times I haven't filled out the app before I did the PHI with Voice Signature is when I filled out the info with another company and they were a decline on the PHI, so I just pivoted to another company while in the home.

Another time I was moving a current Med Supp client to another company who does a Voice Signature. I still filled out the new app before I went(I like to have a signed paper app for my records). That was the only appointment I was doing that day, and since it was cut and and dried I only took what I needed. I was pleasantly surprized when her sister showed up and she said she wanted to take it out with that Christian company too(LCBA). She heard me ask her sister the health questions and she qualified. In Illinois we still have to have a signed replacement form and a comparison checklist on Voice Signatures. I just had her sign her sister's copies and made copies for both when I got home.

Normally I have supplies for all the companies in the car, but I was redoing them and had them in the house. If I couldn't have done a Voice Signature app, I would've had to come back later with a paper app.

That's what I'm talking about. You have to have all that info before you get on the phone. Doesn't matter if you wrote it on a notepad or the app. I use the app because that way I know I have all the info they are going to ask about. There is no time saving for the agent on that part. OK, I don't have to have them sign. There's a minute saved.:laugh:

But I have them sign anyway. There goes that minute.:yes:

With most companies you get a decision on the call. You don't have to do a voice sig to get a decision.

----------

You may not have filled out an app but you had to get the info. So you didn't write it down? Just commit it to memory and recite it over the phone?

How much problem do you guys have with incorrect applications?

If you write the same most of the time don't you know what needs to be filled out and what doesn't?

The only info I would write down would be their name and DOB.. As far as health questions went the only thing I asked was general questions that you would ask in deciding what application to take. I didn't not go through the health questions in detail.

As for trouble completing apps, not all agents are perfect when it comes to filling them out. Settlers publishes how many agents send it 100% clean app each month. Of all the agents they have submitting business last month there were only 9 agents that 100% clean apps. I would say that other companies experience the same thing.

That's what I'm talking about. You have to have all that info before you get on the phone. Doesn't matter if you wrote it on a notepad or the app. I use the app because that way I know I have all the info they are going to ask about. There is no time saving for the agent on that part. OK, I don't have to have them sign. There's a minute saved.:laugh:

But I have them sign anyway. There goes that minute.:yes:

One reason I want the app filled out, even if I don't have to is because I want to know that info (like prescriptions they're on) for future reference for cross selling or moving their Med Supp.:yes:

One reason I want the app filled out, even if I don't have to is because I want to know that info (like prescriptions they're on) for future reference for cross selling or moving their Med Supp.:yes:

That too. I want that info for when they may call and want to add coverage.

I have a file folder for every application I've ever written. That's well over 4000 applications.

If a client from 6 or 7 years ago calls me I can pull out their file and see what we did and what we may be able to do now.

I have the policies sent to me and make me a copy of the application that is in the policy for my files. Of course, most of the apps don't include drug info.

The only info I would write down would be their name and DOB.. As far as health questions went the only thing I asked was general questions that you would ask in deciding what application to take. I didn't not go through the health questions in detail.

As for trouble completing apps, not all agents are perfect when it comes to filling them out. Settlers publishes how many agents send it 100% clean app each month. Of all the agents they have submitting business last month there were only 9 agents that 100% clean apps. I would say that other companies experience the same thing.

Can't remember which company it was, but one company recently said..I want to say about 50% of the apps sent in were Not In Good Order and needed additional info before the app could proceed.

----------

That too. I want that info for when they may call and want to add coverage.

I have a file folder for every application I've ever written. That's well over 4000 applications.

If a client from 6 or 7 years ago calls me I can pull out their file and see what we did and what we may be able to do now.

A lot of the time, they've changed or added prescriptions, but at least you have a starting point and don't waste time looking at some of the companies.

I did a Settlers phone application today. It did take 25-minutes. There are plenty of areas to spead it up which I will communicate to them. But it is nice knowing that it's all done and in goid order and no misding signatures.

I did a Settlers phone application today. It did take 25-minutes. There are plenty of areas to spead it up which I will communicate to them. But it is nice knowing that it's all done and in goid order and no misding signatures.

Yes, but did you do a good job completing the app? Miss any boxes, scratch something out, misspell something, or even just calculate the premium wrong?

Also, you don't have to worry about your spelling.:yes:

----------

Yes, but did you do a good job completing the app? Miss any boxes, scratch something out, misspell something, or even just calculate the premium wrong?

Awwwww, you beat me to it.:laugh:

Back