Settlers Child/Grandchild Benefit

The advisory board is a group of agents and IMOs that is helping Settlers with some positive changes. They will change up the members after the convention at Hilton Head next week. It has been a good experience.

Steve Bontell and Rob Thiel are the drivers that will keep improving Settlers. Steve brought the child/grandchild idea with him from ForeThought. It's a great tool that adds a lot of value in the applicant's mind without a huge cost to the company. They know they still have work to do. Their POI interview is still their biggest hurdle. Settlers is a very conservative company and they don't change quickly.

What's not to like about the benchmark bonus? It's free money. No one has turned it down yet that I'm aware of.

Rob took Todd,his son Matthew,myself to lunch when we went to Bristol. Seems like a great guy.

They are trying to grow,like you said they are conservative,slow to change.

What do you not like about their interview ?

What changes do they need to make to improve it ?

Rob took Todd,his son Matthew,myself to lunch when we went to Bristol. Seems like a great guy. They are trying to grow,like you said they are conservative,slow to change. What do you not like about their interview ? What changes do they need to make to improve it ?

Speed. And Michael told the whole room in Louisville that they will definitely do the enhanced interviews on speaker phone now. They usually do but a few interviewers act like they never heard of that. Had one two days ago.

I'm going to see them next week. Will discuss concerns again.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Speed. And Michael told the whole room in Louisville that they will definitely do the enhanced interviews on speaker phone now. They usually do but a few interviewers act like they never heard of that. Had one two days ago.

I'm going to see them next week. Will discuss concerns again.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

What is the advantage of doing the interview on speaker ?

Of course I'd rather have it on speaker,I'm going to start doing that right away.

What is the advantage of doing the interview on speaker ?

Of course I'd rather have it on speaker,I'm going to start doing that right away.

Let's you know when to reach out and help keep your client from falling out of their chair. That's usually about half way through the horrific disclosure statement.

For those of you who write Settlers,how do you like this free policy benefit ?

For those who don't write with Settlers, why wouldn't you want to offer this free benefit to your clients ?

Sent from the FE Universe

I don't know about Settlers, but before presenting the rider be mindful of grandchild riders requiring the parent's signature.:err: Unless of course the grandparents are the legal guardians. Can really complicate things and will delay or even queer your deal.

I want to write more Settlers but their phone interview is the worst. I called the other day, waited, called, waited, when I finally get someone I say "Hello" she says, "I don't know why all y'all wait to lunch time to call, that's why we are backed up". I hung up.

I had someone I couldn't place with anyone but them and it took me 45 minutes to get someone on the phone.

I don't know about Settlers, but before presenting the rider be mindful of grandchild riders requiring the parent's signature.:err: Unless of course the grandparents are the legal guardians. Can really complicate things and will delay or even queer your deal.

No one has to sign for the Settlers child/grandchild coverage. It is a benefit that is automatically including in every poleicy, not a rider. You don't even have to list the names or any information on the children. You just have to file proof of relationship at the time of claim.

No one has to sign for the Settlers child/grandchild coverage. It is a benefit that is automatically including in every poleicy, not a rider. You don't even have to list the names or any information on the children. You just have to file proof of relationship at the time of claim.

That's sort of the way RNA does it. All you do is add 5 bucks, check the box, and you're done.

That's sort of the way RNA does it. All you do is add 5 bucks, check the box, and you're done.

In Settlers case, you don't even add a premium for it. It is the same way Forethought used to do it which is not surprising since Steve Bontell came from Forethought. Have never figured it out, a company will hire someone from from a company that failed and got out of the market and the first thing the guy wants to do is to change his new company to doing things the way his failed company did them.

Kind of like the Yankees that come down here to live.. They stay here awhile and then want everything changed to the way they did them back home.. Well, if back home is so darn great, then why did they leave?.. But since they did, why don't they go back? Then they can return to doing things the old way. :twitchy:

Latest posts

Back