Settlers Life

Another funny part to this story is that PITA (why they seen the need to get involved is anyone's guess), suggested that they keep the name "Washington Redskins" but change their mascot to a red potato! Idiots!

I think they are on to something. Their mascot can be a Mr Red Potatohead. Dressed like an Indian!

Sure wish Settlers took the Direct Express card.. Had to put one with them on monthly direct bill today because the lady, age 47 is on disability due to PTSD and Severe Chronic Depression.. The companies that I have that take the DE card would not accept her other than ROP or graded. She was approved for Silver immediate coverage with Settlers.

It was a referral from a P&C agency and it was one of THOSE houses.. The odor wasn't too bad considering the three large dogs in the house. One was a pit bull with a head the size of a watermelon. He was very friendly; I petted him and everything was cool. Then he climbed up on the couch between me and the lady. Still friendly and playful.. She and I had been talking about 10 minutes and I hear a low growl.. I look at the dog and his expression has changed and he looks very threatening. She tells him to hush but he continues to growl.. He makes no move toward me and I am trying to sit perfectly still so I don't antagonize him. She finally tells him if he doesn't quit, she will have to put him up.. I told her that might me best as she and I would have to be reaching across him to exchange the paperwork back and forth. As she puts him in his cage, I notice a couple of roaches crawling up the wall between the living room and kitchen.. Been a while since I have been in a house like that (last time was when I rode with Rearden).. Make me feel like I was a "real" FE agent. :yes:

Last edited:
I door knocked "one of those houses" the other day, when he opened the door the smell of dog came out and PUNCHED me square in the face. Holy $%^&
We talked through the door being open 8 inches, I could hardly stand it. He said now is not a good time. I agreed..... deuces!

Sure wish Settlers took the Direct Express card.. Had to put one with them on monthly direct bill today because the lady, age 47 is on disability due to PTSD and Severe Chronic Depression.. The companies that I have that take the DE card would not accept her other than ROP or graded. She was approved for Silver immediate coverage with Settlers.

It was a referral from a P&C agency and it was one of THOSE houses.. The odor wasn't too bad considering the three large dogs in the house. One was a pit bull with a head the size of a watermelon. He was very friendly; I petted him and everything was cool. Then he climbed up on the couch between me and the lady. Still friendly and playful.. She and I had been talking about 10 minutes and I hear a low growl.. I look at the dog and his expression has changed and he looks very threatening. She tells him to hush but he continues to growl.. He makes no move toward me and I am trying to sit perfectly still so I don't antagonize him. She finally tells him if he doesn't quit, she will have to put him up.. I told her that might me best as she and I would have to be reaching across him to exchange the paperwork back and forth. As she puts him in his cage, I notice a couple of roaches crawling up the wall between the living room and kitchen.. Been a while since I have been in a house like that (last time was when I rode with Rearden).. Make me feel like I was a "real" FE agent. :yes:

If Settlers took out their POS than they would be the number one carrier for me.
I have been using their Enhanced POS for an immediate decision and have had no problems.. Did have one case that was referred to underwriting but it was issued as applied.

Last edited:
I have been using their Enhanced POS for an immediate decision and have had not problems.. Did have one case that was referred to underwriting but it was issued as applied.

I hate their interview too. I did stop using the enhanced because you can't use your speakerphone and they never gave me an answer at the end anyway. It had to be sent to the office for "further underwriting". All but one was issued as a applied for after that further underwriting but why go through the hassle and still not get a decision?

Just had another decline with them. That's the second one in the last few months. They did an aps on this one before declining it. An APS on SIWL? Yep! Took them 8 weeks to decline it. But the ones they approve take 4 weeks to get issued if they are really on the ball.

But, it's my understanding that you can skip the POS interview and they will call them later. Might ought to just do that. They have called 2 of my applicants for a 2nd phone interview anyway.

They are niche company. Just have to figure out what that niche is.

I hate their interview too. I did stop using the enhanced because you can't use your speakerphone and they never gave me an answer at the end anyway. It had to be sent to the office for "further underwriting". All but one was issued as a applied for after that further underwriting but why go through the hassle and still not get a decision?

Just had another decline with them. That's the second one in the last few months. They did an aps on this one before declining it. An APS on SIWL? Yep! Took them 8 weeks to decline it. But the ones they approve take 4 weeks to get issued if they are really on the ball.

But, it's my understanding that you can skip the POS interview and they will call them later. Might ought to just do that. They have called 2 of my applicants for a 2nd phone interview anyway.

They are niche company. Just have to figure out what that niche is.

I sold one Monday, did the EPOS and faxed the app to them. Was notified Tuesday that I had used an outdated app. Sent it to them Wed. Policy was supposed to have been issued yesterday.. Website has not updated so I can't verify that.

I used the speakerphone on that EPOS.. didn't know I wasn't supposed to do so??? I figure if I have to do a POS anyway, I might as well know before I leave and do the EPOS.

That is one thing I like about SNL.. No POS.

Back