Shifting the Burden to the Client

why would anyone create an account on the Marketplace for an Off Exchange client?

I believe the confusion may be from a post you made.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/health-insurance-reform-forum/shifting-burden-client-t75731.html#post1008390

In it you said the following:

What I've learned this year, I think, is that without a Marketplace account all of these changes become really difficult, next year I will just work directly through the Marketplace and create accounts for all of my clients so changes are much easier.

When I read that statement I thought you were saying you were going to create an account on the Marketplace for all of your clients.

I believe the confusion may be from a post you made.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/health-insurance-reform-forum/shifting-burden-client-t75731.html#post1008390

In it you said the following:

What I've learned this year, I think, is that without a Marketplace account all of these changes become really difficult, next year I will just work directly through the Marketplace and create accounts for all of my clients so changes are much easier.

When I read that statement I thought you were saying you were going to create an account on the Marketplace for all of your clients.

It's no problem, don't worry about it...

I can see how you might have thought that FLM2 thought you were worried, but the term, "don't worry about it" is more of a brush off than an actual concern about your level of mental strife over the matter.

I can see how you might have thought that FLM2 thought you were worried, but the term, "don't worry about it" is more of a brush off than an actual concern about your level of mental strife over the matter.

My comment was actually written as it reads, I was busy most of the day dealing with a typical Marketplace/UHC eff up where a long time client was terminated because UHC didn't apply his May payment to his account. Of course this won't get fixed and he could go without insurance for the rest of the year but why should either the Marketplace or UHC give a crap?

I asked a question in the OP about whether other agents were going to continue to deal with situations like this, every one of us knows that Off Exchange plans don't have these types of issues because you can call the carrier and they can fix things.

While I got some excellent answers in response some of you just want to pick apart things seemingly for the sake of finding something wrong. I hope it makes you happy, for me it is a waste of time.

My comment was actually written as it reads, I was busy most of the day dealing with a typical Marketplace/UHC eff up where a long time client was terminated because UHC didn't apply his May payment to his account. Of course this won't get fixed and he could go without insurance for the rest of the year but why should either the Marketplace or UHC give a crap? I asked a question in the OP about whether other agents were going to continue to deal with situations like this, every one of us knows that Off Exchange plans don't have these types of issues because you can call the carrier and they can fix things. While I got some excellent answers in response some of you just want to pick apart things seemingly for the sake of finding something wrong. I hope it makes you happy, for me it is a waste of time.

I wasn't picking things apart. I took your words to mean just as you typed them. My apologies for not using my secret decoder ring to get the "real" meaning of your post.

I spent most of the afternoon yesterday dealing with the exact same situation, my client paid his premium (although on the last possible day before the grace period ended) and was terminated even though he had receipts for the payment and a confirmation number.

----------

If Reynaldo Tamez had utilized an agent, he would've had an advocate to help solve his "missing payment" issue, without waiting weeks and weeks for a news organization to get his policy reinstated.

During my calls to prospects, I come across lots of problems incurred by people who chose to go it alone.

Thanks for sharing that story, KGMom.

Allen, it doesn't make a difference, UHC doesn't listen to agents about these things and all you do is spend time making multiple phone calls and getting frustrated.

Another UHC screw up today-replacement policy with 7/1 effective date, payment made through the Marketplace/UHC payment link on 6/29, policy shows as Terminated as of 7/1 due to non-payment.

I warned the client on June 29th this could happen because he delayed paying for the policy for at least 10 days and let him know it was his responsibility to track things down-in spite of that I called UHC this morning and of course they are closed for July 4th.

Back