Should I Become a UHC Captive Agent?

As a former ICA, the benefits/downsides vary by part of the country

Since you are not allowed to contract with any other MAPD/Med Supp carrier you are giving up HUGE potential. Of course you can sell FE, Dental etc.

ICAs some years ago (in this area) got tons of leads, training, were given pre-set AEP meetings. Etc. Then as the number of ICAs exploded, all that was watered down. So it ended up being tons of meetings and WebEx's and reports all for nothing in return

So I added the other carriers, switched contract to the FMO channel and I can't tell any difference in my relationship with UHC. Same as before--no leads, no meetings, no training nothing.

SOME areas are different. UHC is famed for not giving a **** about agents so---whatever is offered now, it probably wont be in a couple of years.

I wish you well!

When you went from captive to independent were you able to keep your book of business that you built when you were a captive agent?

In fact Im treated better now as an "EDC" agent (whatever that is) vs ICA. Towards the end ICA was worthless

Interesting...shouldn't be the opposite? lol Also, your captive book of business, you can't change them to a different carrier otherwise UHC reserves the right to terminate renewals?

Back