SIAA Alliance for Independent Insurance Agents

I almost did it until the contract basically stated they would need to approve me ever selling my agency and getting out of the contract looked to be a miserable experience. If you realize its not for you, you're locked in forever. No thanks.

As a former SIAA member it sucked my agency dry in the beginning stages and I sold to a large agency and left the industry. Wish I had not joined an aggregator. If you have the capitol to start without a group I wouldn't just sign your agency away like this to be honest.

I almost did it until the contract basically stated they would need to approve me ever selling my agency and getting out of the contract looked to be a miserable experience. If you realize its not for you, you're locked in forever. No thanks.

Absolutely. Read the contract front to back. There is no question who it benefits.

If ability to get out of the contract is a concern, no, it's not a good situation.

If it isn't, it's (typically) a good situation. It was for me. Very.
If you will have the same problems in the next 20-30 years as you do today then go for it. If those problems will change as you grow then you will regret it in my opinion.

If you will have the same problems in the next 20-30 years as you do today then go for it. If those problems will change as you grow then you will regret it in my opinion.

Nope. If anything, I get more flexibility/adaptability by being a member.

The SIAA experience is going to vary a bit based on master agency, but there's literally no downside for me unless I decide I want out. Sure, it'd be great to not have to send them $ anymore, but there's 0 chance I'd have gotten to where I'm at on my own.

Nope. If anything, I get more flexibility/adaptability by being a member.

The SIAA experience is going to vary a bit based on master agency, but there's literally no downside for me unless I decide I want out. Sure, it'd be great to not have to send them $ anymore, but there's 0 chance I'd have gotten to where I'm at on my own.

You can say that again! Good luck to you sir.

You can say that again! Good luck to you sir.

What I don't get from your story is this; you said if people have the the capital to start without a group, that's their best move. But you also said he SIAA fees "sucked you dry" in the beginning. Which is it?

You need considerably MORE capital to go with SIAA than not. I had a large amount of capital available when I started and quickly found going it alone was basically impossible; carriers weren't even willing to talk to me other than Progressive. And they're more stingy with appointments now than they were then.

If you weren't even producing enough to not be "sucked dry" by the SIAA minimum monthly fee, how were you going to be able to produce enough to get/keep carrier appointments on your own?

Back