Single premium

walleye

Super Genius
MN
I have a client who just got her return of premium check and wants to buy 5k single premium policies with her kids as beneficiaries, She is a 75 year old none smoker and doesn't take any meds. What companies out there have the best bump for her? Thanks

I have a client who just got her return of premium check and wants to buy 5k single premium policies with her kids as beneficiaries, She is a 75 year old none smoker and doesn't take any meds. What companies out there have the best bump for her? Thanks

I prefer KSKJ but RNA, Oxford and Trinity are good too.

Just re-read your question. $5K premium or face? No one is going to do a $5K face single premium that I know of. Will be hard, if not impossible to find one at $5K premium.

KSKJ is minimum face of $10K. That would cost $6333. Just about everyone else is minimum premium.

Last edited:
She has 17 k to spend on 3 policies, one each for 2 kids and one for the funeral home.
Thanks

Caveat, not an agent

If these guidelines are still correct and you and she are willing to get into paramed exam territory, I would look at this one. I didn't realize it dropped down to $5k. I didn't consider it for purchase recently because I wanted no medical exam coverage. A forum member whose judgement I respect suggested it to me some years back (although I never made a purchase then) and I have seen him suggest it to others in two or three posts since that time.

https://agent.mutualtrust.com/content/pdf/M-144_prodGuide_horizonLegacy.pdf
https://agent.mutualtrust.com/content/pdf/M-124_UWGuidelines.pdf

You could also ask her if she would consider one policy for both kids as co-benficiaries - which would open up the $10K bracket for that coverage. I know that could be touchy, depending on family relationships. I finally decided to take that approach-one policy with kids as co-beneficiaries- hoping that will not create problems when "the time" rolls around.

Current background discussion on Single Premium MEC traps here:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/life-insurance-loans-to-avoid-mec.107544/

Old thread with some relevant comments:
https://insurance-forums.com/community/threads/best-simplified-issue-spwl.55754/

(I may have another comment for you, but need some time to think it through)

(caveat, NOT an agent)

Assurity, Baltimore Life, Elco Mutual and Sagicor. ( I would expect all of those to accept a $5K to $6K single premium payment. (Dec 2021))

I would expect Assurity and Baltimore Life to illustrate similarly with premium at 85% to 80% of face and initial cash of 65% to 60% of face. They do have different AM best ratings and old posts I have seen suggest they have different commission structures.

If she believes she will live into her 90's strongly enough to base an insurance buying decision on that belief, Elco may be a good choice. (No basis for comparison but if she is willing to do paramed and wants to take the long life gamble, I would certainly put MTL in the mix too.)

The Sagicor illustration I have is for UL. I have tried twice and I am totally incapable of understanding it so I did not consider it. That old thread I linked suggests Sagicor may also have a non-UL option. I did not see an illustration for anything like that so I can't comment on it.

I hope you are able to find a solution that works for her.

The Sagicor illustration I have is for UL. I have tried twice and I am totally incapable of understanding it so I did not consider it. That old thread I linked suggests Sagicor may also have a non-UL option. I did not see an illustration for anything like that so I can't comment on it.

No, Sagicor's SP is an ISPUL (Indexed Single Premium Universal Life).

Baltimore Life's is exactly the same as RNA's, but RNA pays way better to the agent. RNA probably pays better to the agent than just about any company that I'm aware of. Not that you would sell it because of the higher commission, but if you are going to use Baltimore, then why not go RNA and get paid better, right?

No, Sagicor's SP is an ISPUL (Indexed Single Premium Universal Life).

Baltimore Life's is exactly the same as RNA's, but RNA pays way better to the agent. RNA probably pays better to the agent than just about any company that I'm aware of. Not that you would sell it because of the higher commission, but if you are going to use Baltimore, then why not go RNA and get paid better, right?

And RNA now has a $7K face minimum instead of the $10K premium minimum they used to have.

But bang for the client’s buck will be KSKJ if available in that state.

And no one pays the agent like RNA on SP but KSKJ pays better than most.

And RNA now has a $7K face minimum instead of the $10K premium minimum they used to have.

But bang for the client’s buck will be KSKJ if available in that state.

And no one pays the agent like RNA on SP but KSKJ pays better than most.

(Caveat, not an agent.)

Is KSKJ available in MN? OP's profile suggests that may be the state.

A takeaway I get from your post--an option op might be able to propose is getting an RNA policy for $7K face for funeral home and putting balance in a KSKJ policy with both kids as co-beneficiaries?

Do you see a lot of instances of conflict between kids when a parent does one policy split equally between however many there are?

(Caveat, not an agent.)

Is KSKJ available in MN? OP's profile suggests that may be the state.

A takeaway I get from your post--an option op might be able to propose is getting an RNA policy for $7K face for funeral home and putting balance in a KSKJ policy with both kids as co-beneficiaries?

Do you see a lot of instances of conflict between kids when a parent does one policy split equally between however many there are?

They are in Mn. Most parents insist on an equal split. But there's always exceptions. I'm helping a client add back on a child that she removed as beneficiary a year ago. Family dynamics are fluid.

As to the question of policies I would put it all with one company. Whether that be RNA or KSKJ.

Back