Site Traffic - How Do I Compete with the Big Dogs.

My advice would be to hire an experienced SEO expert who can also identify trends.

Johnny, it doesn't take an SEO genius to know that you're wrong when you say that "backlinks won't mean squat". You're to ignorant on the subject to even qualify your statement by talking about which type of backlinks are better than others or you really do believe that backlinks won't mean squat.

As it sits right now, backlinks do matter.

The type of backlinks is now more important than it was six months ago.

Good quality backlinks will always help a websites rankings.

That along with good content coded correctly targeting the right keywords will always have an advantage over "no backlinks".

Why don't you go ahead and google "Medicare Utah" for us check out where UtahSeniorServices.com shows up? Using a simple strategy that included some backlinking, as of today right now it's showing up as position 6 and that is something that did not happen until I helped restructure the site a little bit, restructured the code, and gave it some "worthless backlinks".

In all fairness, Brook has been teaching me some things and I have been doing this for only a few weeks, but I am seeing similar results on almost all the sites I'm working on. I suppose that makes me an expert on SEO then? Again, the trend is to add more high quality content and avoid doing backlinks by the hundreds of thousands at a time and make sure you're doing them right. For example, but adding www. UtahSeniorServices.com to this website and talking about how great UtahSeniorServices.com is with helping Utah seniors with their Medicare supplement and Medicare Advantage plans in all of Utah including Salt Lake City, Bountiful, West Jordan, Layton, Brigham City, Logan, Provo, South Jordan, Lehi, St. George, Tooele, Magna, Cedar City, Morgan, Park City, Roosevelt, Duchesne, Ogden, Tremonton, Sandy, American Fork, Nephi, Price, Moab, Evanston, Wendover, West Valley City, Taylorsville, Farmington, Woods Cross, North Salt Lake, Rose Park, Glendale, Draper, Spanish Fork, Hyrum, Smithfield, Roy, West Point, Harrisville, Layton, Syracuse, Clearfield, Riverton, Herriman, Bluffdale,Saratoga Springs, Grantsville, Erda, Provo and Orem, it's giving UtahSeniorServices.com some free backlinks on a high PR website that are contextually relevant. That along with the continued link building strategy in place and some continued content additions will help it continue to rank for Medicare Utah. In Bing it actually rakes position 6, page 1 for three different money terms.

Sti,

Yea I see your positions for those keywords, and for diabetic life insurance which gets some traffic your #17 on google for the fb page. But for the fireman life insurance texas and diabetic life insurance texas, i couldnt find any search data for those kw's using 3 tools. Are they generating leads for you?

You're misreading what I'm saying. I'm saying that what works now isn't what's going to work in the future.

You said, and I quote:

Better start reading yesterday and today's articles - not last week's. Although not literally you know the tide is starting to turn (based on current articles) and "here's, 1,000 backlinks" isn't gonna do squat in the near future.

I completely disagree with your flat dismissal of the value of backlinks in the future. Sure, they'll matter less and/or need to be done in a better way than simply blasting non-related pages with links and terms alongside websites with links advertising all sorts of products because they are simply link whores, but that doesn't mean that it "isn't going to do squat in the near future". Again, you didn't even qualify between good backlinks and poor quality backlinks. Good backlinks done correctly will almost certainly always be relevant. The challenge for those doing SEO now is to make sure they are doing it in a way that looks organic and to employee the use of the appropriate techniques to build a stable offsite web presence that helps the search engines confidently believe that the onsite content is what the users are looking for.

And again you didn't read my statement. Quality will always be relevant. I said what will not be relevant is the "here's your 1,000 backlinks" strategy that some SEO "experts" charge for.

Sti,

Yea I see your positions for those keywords, and for diabetic life insurance which gets some traffic your #17 on google

what I am talking about is facebook pages and key words.....which link back to my site.....I am showing my facebook page for diabetic life insurance on page 2 and you put texas behind it forget about it......hahahahaaha.....try fireman life insurance and tell me if you see a FB page on page 1 of google.....

Last edited:
And again you didn't read my statement. Quality will always be relevant. I said what will not be relevant is the "here's your 1,000 backlinks" strategy that some SEO "experts" charge for.

Not meaning to give you a hard time, but this is literally the entire post I'm referencing:

Better start reading yesterday and today's articles - not last week's. Although not literally you know the tide is starting to turn (based on current articles) and "here's, 1,000 backlinks" isn't gonna do squat in the near future.

I'll say this much - watch dangerous tactics that might work today but might end up causing a great deal of harm in the future.

You didn't qualify it by relevant backlinks or anything, you quite literally said "here's 1,000 backlinks" isn't going to mean squat without any qualifiers. The value of the "here's 1,000 backlinks" might go down even more than it already has, and it likely will, but it will be a long time before even low quality backlinks "won't do squat', if ever.

Back