Sleep study ordered and not done

crs6633

Expert
I have a prospect that had a previous doctor order a sleep study that he never participated in. His physician now does not recommend he participate and believes it to be unnecessary.

Traditionally this would be a decline with life insurance carriers until he has the sleep study done. Has anyone had luck with a case such as this where a physician can essentially cancel a previous physicians testing orders?

A written statement from the current physician detailing why the sleep study isn't needed should be submitted along with the app. Make sure to get the Dr.'s name, address, and phone number in case the underwriter needs to communicate further. The better you can document now saves time later.

I have a prospect that had a previous doctor order a sleep study that he never participated in. His physician now does not recommend he participate and believes it to be unnecessary.

Traditionally this would be a decline with life insurance carriers until he has the sleep study done. Has anyone had luck with a case such as this where a physician can essentially cancel a previous physicians testing orders?

What eersfan said.

And yes, several times. On sleep study not being done, had one go from a high rating to a P+. Of course expect an APS. But the Cover letter and the letter from the Doc goes a long way. I find that if I send the prospect a _short_ email with a brief summary of what the letter should say and she forwards that to the Doc I get it sooner and more in line with what we are looking for. Make the Doc's job easier to do.

Latest posts

Back