Sneak Peaks and Rumors

Medicare Advantage Plans do not cover cataract surgery. That's why.

Bob, it's this post that everyone is responding to. Nowhere in this post did you specify you were talking about an HMO and out of network doctors.

If you're going to make a statement of fact as you did, you have to be willing to take the heat when you're wrong. And your statement above is wrong. Plain and simple.

Anyone heard anything about what Humana or Coventry will be doing with their 2015 MAPD plans?

This year I'm trying pushing out high level filed (not approved) 2015 plan comparisons on a county by county basis on my Medicare Quote Engine.

I should have some of the 2015 plan info out by tomorrow or Wednesday so you can compare available information on the '15 plans in one grid.

As more companies allow benefits to be shared with agents, I'll be adding them to MQE.

It's a bit of a hack job, as MQE really wasn't designed for this, but it's at least somewhat helpful to see everything for a county together in one view. If I don't have the 2015 benefits for a 2014 plan, I just display the plan name with benefits showing as a blank as a placeholder so you know something may be coming down the road.

Craig

Humana....in Atl they dropped their ppo plans and are going with rppo and lppo with a "segment" platform....whatever that means. Premiums too but don't know how much.

Humana....in Atl they dropped their ppo plans and are going with rppo and lppo with a "segment" platform....whatever that means. Premiums too but don't know how much.

Aetna and Coventry will have Piedmont hospitals in network for 2015 so that should give Humana some competition in areas like Coweta and Fayette counties. They (Aetna) will have a zero premium PPO and Coventry's PPO is going to be $19.

Humana Fl. rppo: cost 0
moop in network: 6700
moop oon: 10k
in/out deductible $975
rx ded. 200
pcp 15/60
spec 50/60
hosp. 425 days 1-4
Inpatient OON
$495 per day (Days 1 - 27)
outpatient surgery $390.

----------

no thanks on selling this plan. I'll sell uhc over this all day

in/out deductible $975
rx ded. 200
pcp 15/60
spec 50/60
hosp. 425 days 1-4
Inpatient OON
outpatient surgery $390.

----------

I cant find anything on Humana except for the map of where the plans will be sold... when you get this?

in/out deductible $975
rx ded. 200
pcp 15/60
spec 50/60
hosp. 425 days 1-4
Inpatient OON
outpatient surgery $390.

----------

Thanks for the info. Chazm had put the same on another thread. Not much else to choose from here in the panhandle then UHC, for right now.

Back