Social Distancing and Insurance Sales

There are a couple of positive aspects to the social distancing, where insurance sales are concerned. Since it is practically mandated, you can actually say things that sound kind and agreeable, without having to follow through, like "I would love to meet with you, and of course any other time, I would, but...unfortunately we have to deal with the present situation". It just sounds so nice, and you don't lose a thing, you actually make them feel "good", even if you're an online agent, and you would likely not have met them anyway, it's a win.

Another bonus is the "drop by" neighbors and friends, which I do love, but it is nice that now I don't have to worry about the "Hey, what ya'll doing? anytime between 5-11. Not saying that I wouldn't miss it, but it is a nice break.

I think this is kind of the perfect time to transition to online/telephonic/zoom. Now more than ever the customers actually have broadband internet/cameras/etc so you're able to actually do Skype/Zoom/etc.

Now that mileage deduction though...

I think this is kind of the perfect time to transition to online/telephonic/zoom. Now more than ever the customers actually have broadband internet/cameras/etc so you're able to actually do Skype/Zoom/etc.

Now that mileage deduction though...

I'm actually glad not to have to do too much wear/tear on my precious metal baby. And saving time from the commute

Ironically I wished I could just sell remotely for the longest time and so now here it is and I feel like 'overwhelmed' so to speak

However I am having to work around the tech aspect in addition to the sales and product knowledge......I just did a couple test runs with zoom and practiced with my peeps and had them give me feedback.

.I just did a couple test runs with zoom
No one cares about doing video conferencing if you're doing telesales (for the most part). Your issue will be getting the right leads (people who are comfortable online/email/phone so the lead is normally sourced that way).

Get with an IMO that specializes in telesales and they'll guide you.

No, frankly speaking, I didn't have success in it. It is not your provider company' problem, It is problem with device. I can tell you where I have bought my telephone. On usave there is a big choice of telephones and other devices like headphones for example. Here you also can get a lot of information about mobile providers and to compare current offers in this sphere. And what is really pleasant this service is really easy to use. if you don't understand something, you can write them in custom support. Try to use it)

Last edited:
I've always done a mix of in-person and phone/web sales with both individuals and businesses. I've had a lot of success since Covid started helping people with telemedicine that is low cost and pays high commissions. Been a game changer for so many who lost their coverage and were completely stuck. Web and phone is all that's needed for that.

Back