Social Security Expert Designation

So you are already sitting right in front of somebody on a medicare advantage sale and you want to pivot over to begin a fact finding to see if they are an annuity prospect ?
I mean, this is it. Just do a regular fact find, look for the money, ask them where it is and what they want to do with it.

You'd be better off doing annuity CE courses in my opinion. Or just learning about how to position annuities in general. I would never pay that much for a designation that no one has ever heard of nor will gain you credibility.

There are plenty of SS "advisors" but most make it their primary business and also run seminars.

For one-off cases where you feel that money is being left on the table, I would focus a lot more time on understanding how to fact-find and how annuities work.

For the most part, people concerned about taxes paid on SS or how to best defer/enroll etc. (which is the focus of that marketing tactic) don't have a lot of money anyway (some do, but I would find it hard to make this a focus).

My 2 cents.

Going around calling yourself a Social Security Expert sounds like a good way to generate consumer complaints that you represented yourself as "being from Social Security"

I went to the Social Security office to apply
for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me
for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets
and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that
I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.
The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.
She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.
She said, You should have dropped
your pants.You might have gotten disability.

I went to the Social Security office to apply
for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me
for my driver's License to verify my age. I looked in my pockets
and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that
I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.
The woman said, 'Unbutton your shirt'.
So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair.
She said, 'That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me' and she processed my Social Security application.
When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.
She said, You should have dropped
your pants.You might have gotten disability.
Is this a true story? :err:

Back