Sons of Norway

KSKJ is not in FL so SofN is my lowest cost carrier. I only write the squeaky clean applicants and without them I probably would have walked out of the house empty handed. SofN does not understand the final expense market and they will tell you that they do not want to be your primary carrier.

That contest doesn't excite me much. Looks like the more you write, the smaller the per app bonus gets.

I'm only interested in them for GI. That's a little harder to f*ck up. :twitchy:

You're forgetting about the cool hat. It's great for door knocking.:yes:

LEDUpVikingBlinkHorn-Helmet.gif
YJhINo3_d.jpg

Since you seem to be stuck on shiny objects... I think this is the hat you where looking for.

I am not appointed with KSKJ, but what I have read they do not pay much more than SofN and agents still write them.

There is no comparison between those two companies. KSKJ is well run and has very competitive underwriting. They are like having a clone of Trans but with a MUCH shorter app and way lower premiums. (But they do have a height-weight chart and do not take DE. So that part not like Trans.)

When we checked into Norway they had no idea what FE even was. And they were not prepared for any real volume of business at all. I don't think they will be around in the form they currently are for very long. But I have no insider info so I'll just watch like everyone else. Even Degree of Honor was miles ahead of them.

Trans underwriting has changed the past 6-12 months. There asking questions on dual purpose drugs like never before. I rarely see Nb jet issue like i used to . This change is making me rethink using Trans much outside for Copd . Without an eapp and instant approval it means i have to go back out to ask the client as few answer the phone. Throw in there more anal that ever on filling out the app its become a pia. Anyone else noticing this ?

I agree with Newby that SofN is not a FE company and are not prepared for a huge influx of submitted business, but when you run into a very healthy client or are in competition with another agent their low rates cannot be beat. Yes the FYC is less, but you can sell the applicant more coverage for the same money and I think that that is what is best for the applicant.

If you run into somebody that healthy why aren’t you considering something like Forrester’s advantage plus, smart UL, or Omahas guaranteed UL?

Back