Special occasion mailings to clients

ValeRosso

Guru
I'm starting to mail birthday cards and other correspondence to clients. For those who do this, do you use this as a marketing/cross selling opportunity as well? If so, how do you word something like this, as to not take away from the main message (happy birthday, etc), or is it not in good taste to include anything else along with the main message?

I'm starting to mail birthday cards and other correspondence to clients. For those who do this, do you use this as a marketing/cross selling opportunity as well? If so, how do you word something like this, as to not take away from the main message (happy birthday, etc), or is it not in good taste to include anything else along with the main message?
I do two holiday cards (july 4th and New Years) and a birthday. Also send a policy anniversary and that's the one where I ask for referrals, additional coverage, etc.

Use a rule like online forums/social media. Contribute as much as possible (in this case it's just reaching out, maybe even with a newsletter or checking in texts or an annual call etc.) and then once in a while, no one minds your offer.

If you do it every time, it comes off as self-serving.

Hope that helps.

Don't.
Print or stamp your contact info on the back with, maybe, a simple one line come on. Maybe. Do not make it about you. Maybe insert a simple contact card.

If you drip them a month or two later then do your ad.

IMohsoHO

I do two holiday cards (july 4th and New Years) and a birthday. Also send a policy anniversary and that's the one where I ask for referrals, additional coverage, etc.

Use a rule like online forums/social media. Contribute as much as possible (in this case it's just reaching out, maybe even with a newsletter or checking in texts or an annual call etc.) and then once in a while, no one minds your offer.

If you do it every time, it comes off as self-serving.

Hope that helps.

I should have read past the OP.

What Ray said.

Back