Special occasion mailings to clients

Hey! I know who you are . . . .

7vrsym.jpg

I'm starting to mail birthday cards and other correspondence to clients. For those who do this, do you use this as a marketing/cross selling opportunity as well? If so, how do you word something like this, as to not take away from the main message (happy birthday, etc), or is it not in good taste to include anything else along with the main message?
No. No marketing messages. I used to send birthday and Christmas cards. These days, my debit clients appreciate texts. So I send texts for Mother’s Day, Juneteenth Freedom Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and their birthday. I don’t include a marketing message of any kind. But it’s amazing how many times I get a response inquiring about increasing coverage, or referring me to their cousin, etc. The big thing is that it solidifies me in their mind as “my insurance man” and reinforces the good vibes they feel about me.

I worked mext to a gourmet donut shop and hamd wrote and mailed birthday cards to each month's birthday person offering a free gourmet donut.
In 6 months I had zero takers. There was no implied sales call, just present thus to the store for your free birthday donut. Either the donuts sycked or my clients were weird but nor 1 person took me up on it.

No. No marketing messages. I used to send birthday and Christmas cards. These days, my debit clients appreciate texts. So I send texts for Mother’s Day, Juneteenth Freedom Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and their birthday. I don’t include a marketing message of any kind. But it’s amazing how many times I get a response inquiring about increasing coverage, or referring me to their cousin, etc. The big thing is that it solidifies me in their mind as “my insurance man” and reinforces the good vibes they feel about me.

Hell 1/2 my people hardly know how to text . I think too much contact is overdoing it . I send hard written birthday and Xmas cards . I next a letter out in April and sept . I call all clients in mid sep to mid oct . 5 tough pts is a lot . Do you use auto texting with a crm ? I’ve looked at that .Juneteenth ? Are you saying all your clients are African American ?

I worked mext to a gourmet donut shop and hamd wrote and mailed birthday cards to each month's birthday person offering a free gourmet donut.
In 6 months I had zero takers. There was no implied sales call, just present thus to the store for your free birthday donut. Either the donuts sycked or my clients were weird but nor 1 person took me up on it.

You should send me a donut coupon. I'll also buy nothing from you :)

Hell 1/2 my people hardly know how to text . I think too much contact is overdoing it . I send hard written birthday and Xmas cards . I next a letter out in April and sept . I call all clients in mid sep to mid oct . 5 tough pts is a lot . Do you use auto texting with a crm ? I’ve looked at that .Juneteenth ? Are you saying all your clients are African American ?
Not all, but definitely most are African-American. I mainly use the texts for my Home Service (debit) clients, who are used to and expect a high level of contact. For the holiday texts I use an iPhone app called “Hit ‘Em Up”. I forget what I pay for the annual subscription, but it’s not much (like $60-65/ann).

I do two holiday cards (july 4th and New Years) and a birthday. Also send a policy anniversary and that's the one where I ask for referrals, additional coverage, etc.

Use a rule like online forums/social media. Contribute as much as possible (in this case it's just reaching out, maybe even with a newsletter or checking in texts or an annual call etc.) and then once in a while, no one minds your offer.

If you do it every time, it comes off as self-serving.

Hope that helps.

That does help, thank you. I like the idea of having multiple touch points throughout the year, and offering additional services on the non-important occasions. Do you throw a business card in your holiday cards?

Texts are a good idea as well, thanks. Ill need to look into doing text drip campaigns. If you get a referral, thats the best outcome of a birthday card/text I can think of.

Maybe they were all vegan?

So I think going forward I will send a birthday and Xmas/new years card (keeping it about the occasion), and then through marketing letters and such, try and get cross sales and referrals. My goal is to first help people with their medicare, and then see if there is a need for final expense and/or annuities.

Back