Special occasion mailings to clients

Texts are a good idea as well, thanks.

Something that has helped me remember who the person on the other end of the line is.

I enter them into my phone as

Mary 'MJ' Garcia - Client - owns Pol on Jose 'Joe' Flores - Fthr

So as my phone rings this scrolls across. I can answer it with a familiar tone opposed to a questioning tone.

"Hey MJ, how are you? How's Joe?"

Really helps as my book is larger and older. And so am I.

I may add other info like 'pastor' 'Marine' or 'hard of hearing'

Last edited:
Something that has helped me remember who the person on the other end of the line is.

I enter them into my phone as

Mary 'MJ' Garcia - Client - owns Pol on Jose 'Joe' Flores - Fthr

Great idea! That definitely sounds like a good solution to having random clients calling you and you not remembering who it is :D

Great idea! That definitely sounds like a good solution to having random clients calling you and you not remembering who it is :D

Having them call me has always been a goal.

I would say most life clients are essential orphan accounts. In the sense that they only hear from the salesman that sold them when they "have a brand new great company with great rates". Churn and Burn.

It is rarer that I am referred to someone that does not or has not have or had insurance.

I built my book / farm by writing new of course. But also AOR'g orphans (inventory), many times not officially AOR'd I just took them over. I don't need an AOR to wedge the salesmen out.

What about Kwanzaa?
I don’t observe antiChristian holidays, nor will I encourage others to do so.
(From the Wikipedia entry on Kwanzaa: “During the early years of Kwanzaa, Karenga (Kwanzaa’s creator) said it was meant to be an alternative to Christmas He believed Jesus was psychotic and Christianity was a “White” religion that Black people should shun.”)

I'm starting to mail birthday cards and other correspondence to clients. For those who do this, do you use this as a marketing/cross selling opportunity as well? If so, how do you word something like this, as to not take away from the main message (happy birthday, etc), or is it not in good taste to include anything else along with the main message?

I send a hand written thank you card to all FE customers. It’s part of the application process.

I send a birthday card to my med sup clients. I set that up in SoC to do it automatically.

No advertising. I include another business card in the thank you cards.

The sup birthday card just keeps my name in front of them.

I get a lot of referral business. The cards are part of the reason I’m sure.

Last edited:
I'm starting to mail birthday cards and other correspondence to clients. For those who do this, do you use this as a marketing/cross selling opportunity as well? If so, how do you word something like this, as to not take away from the main message (happy birthday, etc), or is it not in good taste to include anything else along with the main message?

I do birthday and anniversary cards, and holiday cards (for the big ones and for those who observe or celebrate). I also do FYI's with an article -- on non-financial/estate planning/wealth management topics. I do a lot of "touches" and contacts. I do it because it fits in with my firm mission, brand, culture, etc. My clientele is a small, select, boutique, MFO-type, small group/number of clients. We have "intimacy" on the relationship, so "in" the business relationship it's high-touch, multiple touch, etc. We do the same thing "out" of that relationship. Why? Because we view and have one relationship! We do it ONLY because we are thinking of and wishing our clients all the best! It is not done for cross-selling, promotion, marketing, etc. Strictly personal, sincere, authentic, genuine, etc. Great question and thanks to those who posted!

Last edited:
Back